Skip to content
Options

My CD source re-ignited by Vekian

Comments

• Options
    Charles, in my mind I can already imagine the partnership between the Vekian Singature and the Algame. I have anticipated their act together for quite a few months because I have been waiting for you to fix the room acoustic further. With such level of supreme gear, I always advise PT not to hurry but wait for evertything has settled.

Now, you had treated everything including the glasses, it is time for me to listen to the true color. The Vekian will kick serious ass in your system. Just use the same Flow pc on it, no change on cables, put the Vekian on the same SRA that your Heritage has been sitting upon for months and we shall find out how far can your Algame goes.

I do know your source is the superb Orpheus Heritage. The Vekian Signature will come in cold as they are brand new in box. But these do not prevent me from going in. I do know what is the ballpark and what can it deliver.

See you this Thursday.

J

Oh, I do know that your source is the Orpheus Heritage, also under my distribution but truth and facts will dictate the result.
  • Options
    Azzuri, did you get caught by the Shanghai custom? Hand carry the Vekain sig dac back to Shanghai is one hell of a job.
  • Options
    No body caught me. The flight was delayed. I arrived Shanghai airport at 1am. I think all of the people had already gone home. The DAC is really heavy but luckily the taxi just drove me home and I only needed to take the DAC up to the elevator.
  • Options
    Azzuri, this dac is absolutely the best dac ever regardless of taste. (other than one dac costs half a million we had not formally tested in our own system) I listened to the pinnacle performance of it with the DV system.
  • Options
    Azzurri,

This is a good move! Ironically, Vekian has bcome one of the key drivers for me to spend more effort in improving my LP system as ever since it has been installed, its performance is so remarkably well that it continues to pose 'clear and present danger' to the performance of my LP system. This has been repeatedly confirmed by many who visited me. Arguably, one can explain that my Lp system is crap so comparatively speaking, the CD is better. In many angle, I don't think this is the case...Vekian is genuinely the best DAC that I have ever used and listened possessing details, much organic timbre and natural sounding, micro and macro dynamics and transients, non compressed dynamic ranging up and down like LP...

Marvel
  • Options
    marvel big brother, had you already paid PT a visit? Nothing under your possession is crap. I don't even have enough penny to touch your sleeve.
  • Options
    Ken, I had visited 2 weeks ago when Shanghai Bigpiece was in town but not in his DV empire which is again another lethal place to visit.

Dont' get me wrong that I think my LP system itself is crap, they are indeed hifi jewels in their outrights, it is only my lacking in the skills to make them shine that always put people's attention to my Cd source...I have made some very good improvements on the LP setup by even paying micro attention to the belt, VTA, etc...now I don't think my LP is crap in many respects...it is however still amazing to hear how my CD sounds like back to back comparing with the LP..

Marvel
  • Options
    Did you set up the Vekian last night? Tell us more.
  • Options
    Azzuri, had u already set the Vekian up? Remember to treat all the glasses.
  • Options
    I have set up the Vekian but have not treated the glass yet. Quite busy these few days after coming back to Shanghai. I think I will have more time to enjoy the new toy this weekend and will post something in the forum later, particularly the outlook of my Vekian with a "signature" at the front. ^^
  • Options
    This is the pic of my Vekian...
    The first impression of using Vekian is that the sound stage was widened significantly. Previously the soundstage was sort of compressed. When I listened to Jacky Cheung concert, I can now easily distinguish the chorus and his voice. They are standing in different area of the stage. Without Vekian, the chorus is just embedded. As the soundstage is so wide, I need to treat my glass window asap. I will do it today and try to listen more to Vekian.
  • Options
    Azzuri, did you treat the glass?
  • Options
    Thought I'd display a photo of my Vekian on its SRA. The sound improved considerably after the SRA.
  • Options
    Vekian with SRA
  • Options
    That looks cool! Where have you been? Are you using Zanden transport with the Vekian? Can your apartment handle the enormous energy and bass dynamics from the Vekian? The Horning is a great pair of speakers.