Skip to content
Options

決戰陽明之巔!Wavac 805MK-II vs 833

Comments

• Options
    The Cessaro little brother is not only power demanding, it needs a preamp with extreme controlling power such as the Tidal,
    What really amazed me is the plastic column, the picture(mine is the Cello player) cures the last bit of nasty mid-high ringing in my place caused by a large painting(plastic flame) hanging at the left hand side of the back wall, the blue plastic urgy beauty takes away the noise completely, I can recognise my own voice more clearly when I talk, the effect is not the same as you are in a studio, its more like putting yourself in the mountain peak, so refreshing in both the ear and the lung, you get more or less the same feeling with the blue plastic. I have ordered one without the consent from my boss, why good things always look urgy.
  • Options
    We kind of like the blue.
  • Options
    I have ordered one even knowing that my wife and son do object seriously! We talked about the color but the blue material is a proprietary one though it looks like plastic to laymen like me. It is the core of the acoustic tuning system with the painting built surrounding it. I have order one painting and will 'pilot' use the 'Cloud' which is a device to cure the ceiling reflection. I wonder why we don't spend the same effort in dealing with the ceiling reflection than the floor and side walls? To me, I asked this a few times when PT installed the resonators in my place on how to make those things stand upside down on the ceiling....

Marvel
  • Options
    Didn't you attach a diffusor on the ceiling?
  • Options
    Most would treat the floor because it is the easiest - buy a carpet. Not too many will touch the ceiling unless they are certain of their own room acoustics because there is a tendency to overdamp if the system is lacking dynamic and high frequency extension. I reckon most will be just fine with a carpet. In normal circumstances, Franck's diffusor should do the job properly, nice, friendly and cost effective.

But for Marvel, his acoustics should be very bright according to info in this forum, conversations with mag "reviewer" and rumors/gossips at the streets. It is a wise decision to touch the ceiling part as everything in his room seems highly reflective, although the ceiling itself could be the least reflective one amongst other structures.
  • Options
    We should help him
  • Options
    Dso,

I heard from PT you have made more fine-tunings after the arrival of the "deep blue". Can you share more with us?

J
  • Options
    Voy, thanks. I have attached 2 diffusors on the ceiling and they work very well. My question was really to attach the resonators on the ceiling just like we did on the 4 sides of the room.

With the addition of the 'deep blue', 'cloud' and painting, I hope the acoustic environment is much better than before. Will report more when they have been delivered and installed.

Marvel.
  • Options
    The original focus of this party is 805 V2 versus 833 but accidentally turning into the mystic blue pillar, it shocks everybody when placing it inside my open kitchen.

Both 805 V2 and 833 are great amps, however my little Cessaro is really power demanding and 833 should fit better in my place.

JLam,

I still placed the blue pillar inside the kitchen and in addition relocated two silver resonators. I found the noise level in my living room became much much lower and therefore started to push the speakers more close to the rear wall to enhance the bass and cancelled toe-in to reduce the high level energy. Now the sound is much balance than before. Without the blue pillar, doing same will increase the noise whenever I play the music loud. The effect of this blue pillar is stunning, it's the best acoustic treatment I have ever encountered. I should need at least one or two more around the rear wall.
  • Options
    "藍巨桶"一出似乎已毒死眾大哥, 究竟內裡有什麼法寶? 蘇兄台更話要加料.

Marvel大大/曾比得, 究竟佢的吸引力是什麼? 你地異口同聲又話佢唔靚仔, 但又一齊出手, 可想魔力之大.
  • Options
    Marvel大大, 看完你Wavac 805/833大戰報告後, 似乎833在Dso處似終是技勝一籌. 我有冇理解錯誤?
  • Options
    Dso,

Good to hear you are doing further improvement. Your remaining noise problem, in my humble opinion, is the rack itself.

發哥

Marvel visited PT last night. I am sure he will share more later.

• Options
    Bro Fat,

With the blue pillar in the middle between the speakers, sounds from the 2 speakers are more integrated and focused. Interestingly, we moved the pillar closer to the listening position last night in PT's place, the musical images were shattered and sound was coming out distinctively from the 2 speakers. So we concluded that when it is put in a position where constructive interference occurs, it's effect is less and could be destructive. If it is put in front wall where the first / second order reflections occur, it would help tremendously in diffusing the destructive sound wave. Bro Fat, your physics is much better than me, I am sure you can take one and experiment it by yourselves and come up with a more scientific and comprehensive analysis.. It is not pleasing to eyes (at least to me and my family) especially contrasting with the resonators and diffusors, but it is extremely ears pleasing.

On further moving the pillar up and down, we also concluded that ideally we should put two with one on the top of the other to yield a ceiling to floor diffusion effect yielding a ceiling to floor completeness of the sound wave propagation. Again, you need to experiment it.

Comparison between 805 and 833, as I wrote in the last para, both owners believe they have made the right choice. To me, in my listening space, I like 805 more and could imagine 833 would be a beast caged in a small room if it were in my place. With last night's audition in PT's place, I can conclude one more findings is htat Tidal, Cessaro, Argento, Thales tonearm and 805 design are very very neutral as we can distinctively hear and discuss on the characteristics of the Raven turntable, DV phono and the RCA/United 805 tubes without having to worry about the rest of the other components.

Final comment: PT's system is really marvellous! For those who believe they have reached the height of their hi-fi experience, I am sure PT's system is a place worth to pay a visit. No voodoo....

Marvel
  • Options
    我物理知識已一早忘記得一乾二淨. 你是否認為833有音染(是華麗那種), 但805就比較中性?

• Options
    Given the striking similarities of your system to AE, how would you reconcile the differences in sound quality between them? It sounds like you were impressed. I am interested to know more why you say so. Are you not happy or less happy with yours? Why? Room acoutics?