Skip to content
Options

Bergmann Sindre Presentation on this Saturday (July 5th)

Comments

• Options
    Charles, air tube is fine, there is nowhere I can find it being pressed or squeezed. Do you feel that the air coming out from the small holes of the tone arm, the closer to the left hand side, the weaker the air?

Raymond, yes, I intend to 'tilt' the perfect balance towards a little bit to the left hand side but have not done it last night due to tiredness. Will try later. By the way, I have not changed the speed as well. Did you also find the speed is bit faster? I checked a few vocals, like Peter, Paul and Mary and still could feel a little bit unusual to my ears. I need to ask PT to come and listen to his favourite VonStade which is the benchmark.

Marvel
  • Options
    In my case, it is a bit slower, so I turn it up a little bit.
  • Options
    Speed adjustment is part of the exercise. Just adjust it with a reference disc. Most importantly, if you find vocal of your favorite sounds faster than your usual encounter, it must be the case that some speed adjustment is required. You don't have to judge by other people's reference.
  • Options
    Marvel 大大, 如玩黑膠好似玩Heritage買條EE數碼線就即刻靚聲就好了. 花多些心機和時間吧, 氣盤和氣臂是十分有趣的玩法, 但要留心多一些如温度差距和氣壓等問題, 我的好友更借此機會教基本物理學給他個仔.

我十分期望你快些開show招呼下些後輩到你處研習靚聲之道.
  • Options
    Thanks to those who have made a lot of encouragement and advice to me. I echo bro Fat's saying LP is definitely not as simple as getting the Heritage and put a SMREE digital on a CD transport then everything is set. I took the LP path and no doubt I know there is no 'free lunch'. I had the privilege of learning the setup directly from Johnie so I know how to use the gauge of the air pump sharing between the platter and tonearm as well as the level setting in order to allow a smooth path of the tonearm swimming towards the center. The rotation speed is something I need more validation before I make a move since the dilemma is: for some vocals, on certain pitch, it is not exactly the voice that I used to listen to but for many other classical, it just sounds terrific. Therefore I expect the speed adjustment is not that straight forward.

Bro Fat, I hope I know as much physics as you but I will work hard to understand more about this Air bullet in relationship to change in room temperature, humidity etc.

Marvel
  • Options
    Problems solved?
  • Options
    Actually these are not problems, I would rather cast them as teething issues because I am totally new to the air bearing mechanism. On Sunday Mr Bergmann told me that if I encounter situation where the tone arm does not move, adjust the air valve of the platter to allow more air to the tonearm. So on the first day, I encountered it once and immediately I adjust the valve and tonearm continued to move inward smoothly. Then another similar situation came and I did the same. According to Mr.Bergmann, I have overdone the adjustment so that that tonearm was actually 'over' floated in a way the lower part of the interior side of the tonearm actually touches the shaft and cause some friction. He drew a diagram for me to explain that situation yesterday on his return trip from Malaysia. He double checed the levelling and it is in perfect balance now. So a lesson learnt for me and sincere thanks to Mr. Bergmann in helping me understand this and no doubt his master skill in finetuning on the speed just took around 15mins to resolve all the issues for me.

Music from Sindre is expressively dynamic and clean extending into the unchartered frequency ranges thus projecting a high and deep soundstage. Whilst PT keeps on pushing the envelope in helping me on the room acoustics, I am already stunned from what this TT can unleash in terms of the details recorded in the vinyl.

Marvel

• Options
    Marvel bro, it sounds like you killed the bird with air.
  • Options
    These are not problems at all.
  • Options
    Marvel

Can you tell me more about the performance of vocal and string of your new turntable?

Puyi

• Options
    Charles, what about you? Any new thoughts to share with us.

• Options
    It seems all excitement halts to a standstill just like the damn screwed up financial market worldwide. Anyone here wanna share more experience on the Bergman Sindre?
  • Options
    I am told that Bergmann's new airpump is close to completion and this one is much more quiet than the one being used in my place. For those who are suffering from the noise of the airpump (some may not as it can be put far away from the turntable, but in my case, my place is too tiny to afford this), this is really a great news!

I switched to use a pair of SMREE interconnect from Bergmann to the tidal phono in replacement of the SMR SE interconnect, it is quite obvious to tell the improvements particularly on a wider soundspace and the bass dynamic without compromising on the performance of the rest of other attributes. I used 'soundspace' instead of 'soundstage' as I feel music is more engulfing compared to the past while soundstage is always giving a false impression of something in front of you rather than embracing and surrounding you.

Marvel
  • Options
    Other than another pair of EE, are there any adjustment skills to be shared?
  • Options
    marvel, why use the word "suffer" if the joy of the sound and presence of music elates your heart. The satisfaction comes from immediate recognition of your problem by the manufacturer. This is the ultimate happiness that someone cares about you, your equipment and your sound. Isn't it?

Matthew's Chinese article, I echoes very much in the past 24 hours. I always feel they care for me.