Skip to content
Options

Bergmann Sindre Presentation on this Saturday (July 5th)

Comments

• Options
    Puyi

the bass is good enough.
  • Options
    The development on the 2nd night was quite interesting. I played an LP of Priscilla Chan (a local pop hit singer) which is a live recording of her last concert in HK. Her sound was very different from the playback from DV. It was a big younger and unnatural to my ears. So I put the speed control disc of DV onto the B-turntable and found that it is rotating faster. For other classical LPs, everything seems to be in order, no strange sounding, no change in tonality as well. Question is, is that disc correct? If the disc is correct, then the speed of B is a bit too fast. If the disc is incorrect, that means the recording and making of Priscilla Chan's LP is also incorrect (or base on the same standard which the control disc was originally made). Any veteran advice on how to ascertain the rotation speed to 33 1/3 rpm???

Bass is stunning and full of openness and layering. Have never heard the kind of easiness and dynamic. I guest both B and 805 have contributed to this.

Marvel
  • Options
    That's easy. Take off the front panel of the motor control and do adjustment accordingly.
  • Options
    Raymond, you got me wrong...my question is whether I should trust the scale on the speed control disc. The actual adjustment, if needed, should not be complicated.
  • Options
    Just your own ear on your favorite recording. Use that as the reference. if the speed is too far off, the violin can't sound correct. Also, plug in your FMR or Flow to the power supply because it makes day and night difference.
  • Options
    Thanks Raymond, I am using OR on the power supply of B...are you using B already?
  • Options
    Yes.
  • Options
    The Bergmann virus spread out fast!!!!

• Options
    It's a good turntable. I have enormous interest in your complete suite of dv electronics. Mind you without the high eff speaker, there will be big discount on the final performance.
  • Options

Thats why i order DV speaker in very advance..........
  • Options
    Charles, Raymond,

As the users of B, I want to ask you a simple question, I bet in the initial set up stage, you must have encountered situations where the tonearm cannot move to the inside of the LP, Johnie told me it may be the air of the tonearm is not enough...do you normally just release more air to the tonearm from the platter or you adjust the levelling of the turntable so that the tone arm can slide easier towards the center? I tried to do the former a few times when the tone arm cannot go smoothly towards the centre but wonder if I should 'tilt' the level of the tonearm a bit in order to facilitate a smooth sliding in towards the center.

What is your experience on this?

• Options
    Marvel 大大

你可以檢查下條喉有冇壓住
  • Options
    I guess your leveling is just too "perfect". If there is just a extremely tiny change of the leveling of the right hand side (could be due to contrasting wind from the opposite direction from your air conditioner), the torque will increase as the tonearm move towards the inner circle. The solution is don't achieve perfect leveling of the tonearm, allow the tonearm to have just a slight tendency to lean leftward.

I don't have the luxury of the designer setting up for me. That's good so that I learn everything all by myself. Experiences from the past, logic, and self exploration are the most interesting part. In my experiences, the SIndre is the easiest air-bearing turntable to set up and adjust.
  • Options
    did you re-adjust the speed?
  • Options
    Well said. I got it done in a hour. In the next hour, I was just idulged with music. I did encounter marvel bro's situation a few times but it was quickly solved after a few turns on the spikes with a measurement ruler showing the spirit level, no fancy high tech measurement instrument present. I am yet to check the speed. Von Stade's voice is just freakingly open and dynamic. I am floored by the dynamic and the most continuous soundstage I have ever heard.