Skip to content
Options

The temptation of Air Bearing technology

Comments

• Options
    What drove you to bite the air bullet? You have the luxury of proximity to the mother of audio temptation. How did you get caught this time?
  • Options
    Voy,

My reasoning:
    1. It is extremely user friendly and it is completed with the tonearm.
    2. technology wise, I heard it is not easy to implement air bearing both to the turntable itself and the tonearm.
    3. PT has proven track record of unvealing hifi jewels, this time should not be an exception.
    4. compared to big bird, this air bullet is more 'bite'able.
    5. I have listened to it twice and can project with confidence that it would sing well in my system.
    6. I am listening more LP than Cd nowadays and it makes more fun to have more varieties whilst I am downsizing my CD setup.

Hope the justificaiton is enough but I thought you made your decision in split second after getting the SMS from PT...why are you then so impulsive this time??

Marvel
  • Options
    Frankly speaking, this is the way to go, Marvel big bro.
    Double turntables give you ultimate happiness.
  • Options
    cos I am bored.
  • Options
    Marvel, which cart you gonna use?
  • Options
    Raymond,

Not yet decided. According to PT, the tonearm is very light (10gm) and I should consider cart of light weight. Any recommendation? I will use EmT as the start to 'explore' a little bit although I understand it is now singing in Charles' place on VDH Windfield.

Marvel
  • Options
    His audio philosophy changes forever after his virgin drop of the air-bearing tonearm on the turntable.
  • Options
    A mistake: That should be Ortofon MC Winfield. VDH produces the Colibri series. Why EMT? The gold model?
  • Options
    Sorry, it should be Ortofon MC Winfield for Charles. EMT is just a trial, not sure if it is good or not...
  • Options
    Charles,

Please share more about your new experience on LP as you put very high praises on your new Heritage, I am sure between your house CD setup and the new family member, there should be a lot to talk about. Are you going for the Wavac phono or the Zanden? Seems like a very difficult choice. Shanghai Bigpiece is using Wavac, I used it before.

Marvel
  • Options
    肯定堅啦! 查兄, 熱下身先, 聽黑膠是真真正正的享受.

Marvel大大, 柏文兄是用Ortofon較聲, 點解你無啦啦要試EMT? 一套調好容易靚聲好多.
  • Options
    Bro Fat,

My knowledge in the vinyl space is extremely poor so I may be hitting the wall within 30 minutes after using EMT. Let's see. Afterall, Bergmann is very unique in designing his products because he never compares his with those in the market. Why he chooses Ortofon, I have no clue, will there be other cartridge better matching with Sindre, I guess his answer is probably, 'not sure, you go and figure it out'

Marvel
  • Options
    The sound of Bergman/Ortofon MC Winfield keeps haunting me ever since last week.
  • Options
    Charles, I received a SMS from PT saying you were almost killed by the Morini's violin through the Bergmann.
  • Options
    Voy R

yes, Morini's violin through the Bergmann take me to another world.