Skip to content
Options

The temptation of Air Bearing technology

AE is proud to present an vinyl system utilizing air bearing technology to both the platter and the linear tracking tonearm. They come as one package for the sake of simplicity and ease of setup. The model is called Sindre (Sindre is the one who made the hammer for Thor). Mr.Johnie Bergman will come to Hong Kong to meet AE fellow on July 5th. We are thankful of Charles' kind assitance in lending his place for the event. All AE fellows are welcome to join the reception. It will be informal as usual, lots of discussions, jokes and sharing.

The design of the Sindre by Bergmann is timeless. The design is clean. The execution is straight forward. The depth hides behind the clean Danish lines is seamless.

Please visit the following link to have a tour of this Danish masterpiece shot by professional photographer.

www.ishotyou.dk/sindre

Comments

• Options
    J, please send me details.
  • Options
    Me and Jeff too if you have whatever details.
  • Options
    查兄, 你個盤好有型, 幾時有得聽? 連一向造到幾複雜的Linear tracking arm都設計得好乾淨, 好有線絛美. 你一定要用達文西頭. 我估會好夾.
  • Options
    That's interesting. The da vinci cartridge should be good match for air bearing type of arm. The da vinci turntable with magnetic bearing is more or less in the same school of air bearing.
  • Options
    The photos are really gorgeous and once again, I wish to congratulate AE to find another jewel which matches exactly the same as the company name: Audio Exotics. The fact that many are asking for details mean that there must have been many but fruitless searches in the internet for the related details this morning. These are really jewels coming out of the blue which nobody has noticed in the past!

AE is gradually developing a symdrome of 'watching is believing' which to many is dangerous, but track record shows that they have never failed to amaze their customers, me included.

Well done!!

Marvel
  • Options
    I have not particiated here for awhile due to my shallow pocket. But upon calling for the details, there is hope for me. I hope the sound quality matches well with the photography. But I have every confidence in PT.
  • Options
    I am interested to know how does it compare with the Raven AC.
  • Options
    點解冇遺產解碼report睇?
  • Options
    Bergmann Audios’ philosophy and ambition are to optimize the airbearing principle and to simultaneously produce an exceedingly user-friendly turntable.

It has been a must for Bergmann Audio to create an airbearing turntable which is simple to adjust. We want to make sure the user is able to utilize his or her time to the essential enjoyment of his or her vinyl collection!

The turntable consists of as few parts as possible. Bergmann is Danish craft, assembled and controlled at Bergman Audios’ workshop. The few parts are assembled in a simple and timeless design which Denmark is well-known for.
  • Options
    Construction of the turntable.

The 50mm 4kilo acrylic platter sits on a subplatter made in solid aluminum (3.2 kilos). The subplatter is pulled by a DC motor via a precision flatbelt. Bergmann Audio has chosen a DC motor due to this type of motors’ high rate of rotation. This results in a higher speed accuracy. The DC motor is built inside the cabinet with a stiff suspension, disconnected from the record player.

The main bearing is produced by a combination of steel and frictionless hard-wearing polymeric. The 7,2 kilo platter/subplatter floats on a thin air film. This air film is created by the enclosed air pump. The air film is the turntables' strongest point. It creates an incredible frictionless motion for the platter and a noise-free environment for the bearing.
  • Options
    The tonearm.

The tonearm is a linear tracking airbearing tonearm. The movable part of the tonearm, which consists of a slide, armtube, counterweight and head shell floats frictionless on an air film above an air pipe.

Small holes in the air pipe create smooth air current . There is a thin air film between the air pipe and the slide. The movable part of the tonearm is lead by the stylus alone - this gives a good indication of the air bearings’ superiority in minimizing friction! The arm is made of a very hard aluminum alloy to create stability. The arm-tube is made based on the tangential principles - the way that original LP is tracked as it is cut.

The thin tone arm wire is twisted in one piece from clips to rca plugs. Bergmann Audio has chosen rca plugs to give the user more flexibility for cables selection. The tone arm is height-adjustable and can be adjusted in level. Furthermore, it is possible to adjust the cartridges’ placement in the groove. All requisite tools for adjustment and mounting are enclosed.

The air pump

The air pump is built into a sound-absorbing cabinet. An encapsulated air chamber provides a smooth and continuous air flow. Furthermore, the air pump is equipped with a filter which prevents dust particles and condensation from entering the air system. This air filter ensures clean and dry air to the air bearings.

The clamp

The clamp is mounted on a suitable thread on top of the spindle. A rubber ring in the bottom of the clamp grips the LP and ensures the LP on the platter. At the same time, the clamp is disconnected from the LP. When the clamp is fastened to the 50 millimetre, slightly concave platter, a lightly deformed LP will be straightened out.

Upgrading to battery-power

It is possible to upgrade to battery-power. Battery-power is the most constant current for the motor and provides an even better speed accuracy. The upgrade is quite simple to perform. The control box is simply replaced with the battery supply via the plug outlet on the turntable’s backpanel. In addition to that, the air pump can be remote-controlled from the battery supply.

• Options
    Charles,

PT and Master were very happy today. They are not happy for me, but happy for what they did and the subsequent musical joy that held three of you together for a few hours today in a damn hot summer day.

Not only PT did his annual leave; as far as I recall, this is the first time our resident LP master is willing to travel that "far" to set eveything up. The reason is clear because he also enjoys the accomplishment of Bergmann Sindre very much. For tuning air-arm, HE IS THE MAN to look for.

You will indulge in real music for a long period of time. Please don't compare your digital source with vinyl source. They serve different purpose. The efforts and brain-juice from the designer(s) behind the analog and digital solution are equally the same. It is the path that they choose are different.

Learn to appreciate from the best of the best audio mind is not only fun but self-encouraging too.

Dso, the next vinyl turn will be you. We are ready. Are you? Before that happens, let's get the 833v1.3 "horny" with the Cessaro first!

• Options
    Marvel bro bites the air bullet too.
  • Options
    又多一個人仲了栢文氣彈!
  • Options
    Marvel is busy raising fund for this and please don't surprised if you see me in Central on the coming Sat selling charity flags for an organisation called Bergmann. I have to downsize my CD set up as there is very very limited space on my rack for it. Even the Zanden 2000P cannot sit on SRA anymore as otherwise I cannot open the slid to put the CD onto it !! All, please let me know if you wish to help me raising fund...