Skip to content
Options

Dso, thank you for your order of Wavac 833 v1.3

Comments

• Options
    Of course I am still having TronSyren and using 211 (Stereo version) is always in my target list. It may be my 2009 project after I have a detailed exposure of the Japanese master reference which is coming close!!

Marvel
  • Options
    As expected, the german audio empire in your case completely falls apart. What an ending!
  • Options
    805mk2 is instructed by Wavac to pick up tomorrow afternoon. Another week of waiting for Marvel bro.

833v1.3 is now pushed back to late June. Ito san will tentatively come to Hong Kong in the weekend of July 18-20.
  • Options
    J,

No worry, after so many years, I start to enjoy the pain of expecting and often at a loss when it is finally delivered. Same experience with yoyo...

Marvel
  • Options
    Dso, your 833v1.3 will leave Japan tomorrow.
  • Options
    Immediately after the Bergman presentation, Charles and I flew to help the installation of Dso's Wavac 833 v1.3
  • Options
    They are damn heavy. It took 3 of us to get the spike plate placed correctly underneath this pair of monster amp.
  • Options
    Charles seems to be very good at working in narrow space to put the spikes properly
  • Options
    Now, the right channel.

To be continued......
  • Options
    跟住點?
  • Options
    Dso, which LP system u considering now? will u join B or the coming DV tt or some othe we never see?

After SRA arrive, try consider craz rack.......i believe it will refine your shocking huge soundstage to further level.

• Options
    The big engines are still under burn-in period and are waiting for the arrival of SRA boards, but my first impression of their performance is already very very positive. Ito-san will come to visit me next Tuesday, I will share more with you guys right after his visit. In the mean time I will be busy with the retuning of room acoustics and speaker positioning.

Which LP system I will pick? It's too early to say, I have to check around carefully before biting the bullet though B table is really a good choice.

I don't have any intention to purchase the crazy rack now but rather to spend the money on more SRA boards.
  • Options
    Dso, we are both big fans of Wavac. What's your opinion of Wavac phono? I have the tidal phono and the wavac phono. Depending on application, I find it difficult to use one phono to suit all kind of music well.

The bergman is good, neutral, uncolored and balance.
  • Options
    自從上週末Dso收到HE833v1.3後, 他興奮的心情是非筆墨所可以形容. 在過去一週, 我跟他談過數次電話關於833為他系统帶來的衝擊和進步. 其中一段話, 他對我說: "我覺得由805升級至833為我系统帶來的進步好像比由Avalon升級至Cessaro Affascinate更大."

在好奇心驅使下, 昨晚我去了Dso家聽Wavac HE833v1.3推Cessaro, 我聽的曲目包括Hilarry Hahn的Sibelius Violin Concerto, Byrn Terfel演繹的莫托特歌劇內數首曲目, Diana Krall Live in Paris的Track 3 and Track 11, 和Pollini彈的Mozart Piano Concerto Number 23, 以及鬼太鼓等. 我十分專注地聽, 同時也十分專注地去思考以下聽察到的特點:

1. 150 watt Class A的power下, 背景靜如深海
    2. SET線路在表現彈鋼琴的指法彈跳力十分自然, 連手指尾的丁點兒勁力也能感受無遺, 是自然的發出來, 而不是push出來
    3. 高效率的Cessaro原來也要大power才能顯露真正本色
    4. 人聲厚潤但仍保持高解象的分析力, Diana Krall略帶磁性的聲音健在之如更帶有點少許加拿大的寒意在聲線內

整個系统十分之Expressive, 我在臨離之前聽Bryn Terfel唱費加羅的婚禮其中一段, Bryn的Baritone唱腔十分之雄壯有勁, vocal能量的迅變和起落令我心歡喜若狂, Byrn在中高頻的音色而然保持一貫略帶暖意的華麗感.
    在高潮時, 背後的樂團有一種被他指揮著的感覺, 但非高潮時卻也有溝通的時候. 十分精彩.

我現在終於明白Dso的亢奮.
  • Options
    Raymond,

Though I am a LP idiot, I still have high confidence in Wavac phono. I do agree with you that one phono cannot suit all kind of music and that was how I experienced when listening to DV and Tidal in PT's place.

The audition last night was without SRA, Lap Hing will lend me his tomorrow for Ito-san's visit. Very anxious to know the result! Fortunately my SRA will arrive later this week, I therefore don't need to make some excuses to keep Lap Hing's SRA.