Skip to content

Dso, thank you for your order of Wavac 833 v1.3

Dso,

Your swift decision reflects your passion and the ever increasing sound quality of your hi end system. It's too bad that I did not join the Wavac/Cessaro party to ear-witness the mega driving power of the 833 v1.3 enriching the tonal color without compromising details and refinement.

I shall definitely visit you when the monster amp arrive at your home.

JLam

Comments

• 嘩! 丹尼兄果然獨俱慧眼! 呢期威域黄金俠真係威盡. Grey兄, 此舉又再證明你放毒成功, 影響力日漸深遠!
  • Dso, COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    雖然833真係好叉貴但基本上有咗佢之後,你都唔使再換其他.貴買平用吖.
    發哥,其實我好羨慕蘇兄,有咗833v1.3之後,佢果度真係可以說係AE指標.
    我睇PT要比租蘇兄用佢處嚟做毒氣集中營.
    入者必亡.
  • Dso,

What a great news to hear! I think you are not far away from finalising the decision on LP as well. As PT pointed out, every currency against USD is going up and the earlier you lock up the currency exchange rate, the better. For me, I have not got the delivery schedule yet for the 805Mk2 and I hope there will be an opportunity for these 2 amps to sit together in the same room and see how they perform. Frankly, the sheer weight of the AC1 is already killing me and I think I need Studiogrey, Charles, Hung and more muscle to make this happen. Will you buy the standalone AC1 for your other gears? Price is crazy but who is not crazy being the 'premier' customers of AE.

Marvel
  • Dso, when is your 833 due?
  • The lead time is around 2 months, hopefully they can arrive much earlier.

PT, can you help me to push Ito-san? The waiting is really killing me.
  • Dso, your 833v1.3 should arrive in mid June.
  • Hi JLam,

Thanks so much for this good news, recently whenever I listen to my system I always feel something is missing. Will Marvel bro's 805V2 arrive at the same time?
  • Marvel bro's 805v2 will arrive in the next 10 days.
  • I am so delighted to hear this today that 805 will be shipped out next week. Whilst it would mean I have to say goodbye to the EC300B which I find myself gradually indulged in listening to violin/cello sonatas, vocal is also filled with flesh and emotions.

Arrival of the 805 will fill the gap on the bass compartment and I hope there is no trade off in swapping in EC300B!

Very exciting news!
    Marvel
  • Hope the fever will last a bit longer this time.
  • Marvel大大, 你部805mk2幾時到? 聽講話有排煲!
  • Bro Fat, it will arrive next week earliest. Will contact you for a brief visit on Sat if it is at all convenient to you....
  • marvel bro, are you still a tron guy? I remember you were once for awhile.....
  • The silver bat must be lonely without this.
  • I wonder why most so many tube fanatics are so indulged by colorations championed so well by Japanese master. I know they are good at what they are good at.

In fact there are only 3 resistors and 2 capacitors in the audio circuit (each channel) and none are in the signal path., the rest are all transformer (interstage included). This is about as straight through as you can get, close to nothing to corrupt the signal.

The 211 amp will drive most loudspeakers as is conservative 12 watts rating in Class A. Renowned master quote 27 watts in his famous amp but does not tell it is in Class A2 rather than Class A. The 12 watts of Tron at 0.1% distortion. Other manufacturers quote more power but what they don't reveal distortion is much greater - say 5%.

It does not take into consideration the high voltage on the output transformer primary winding - loudspeakers like to see a good amount of voltage swing which this amplifier has in abundance. The 211 amplifier has a lot more power and speaker driving ability than the old Cantata.

Marvel bro, what does the design tell you? Dare to try?