Skip to content
Options

Virgin Show of Zanden 2500 1-box CD Player

124»

Comments

• Options
    2.2 is the way to go. The latest DV cartridge is explosive! The tension leading up to the crescendo is very tightly presented.
  • Options
    Voy, I have the same feeling on the latest version too. The dv cartridge can be explosive. The bass energy is fast but rich. The beauty of rich cello tone still there, but new experience gives me wave after wave of bass energy wave on symphonies.
  • Options
    Bigpiece, I just learn you ordered the new cartridge. Bravo! It's good to have them side by side, both excel in different areas. Our taste seems similar. My old ear now easily hurt by high frequency artifacts.
  • Options
    Bigpiece dude, are you the one getting the Aas Gabriel tt in Sh?
  • Options
    Puyi, the short encounter of DV arm and Cart is breathtaking and addictive. I said to PT that GF with DV arm is a "beautiful mismatch" as GF and DV Arm has already excel by itself. I thought they would compensate one another but proved to be wrong when I have DV cart installed. I can fully understand the "excitment" you had when you switched from GF to DV... which made me ask PT whether I can get a DV Grand Ref. I would like to know how far it can go further....

Voy, thats a good idea but thats not an in plan item for 2008.
    Bigpiece
  • Options
    A digital CD source has been missing in the Cessaro horn system for over a year. Two days ago, due to convenience sake for friends testing their CDs, we connected the Zanden 2500 CDP (signature version) to the Tron Syren via a pair of FMR for digital playback.

I tried Philips 7308 on the first time - much better than the stock tube for certainty but the dominance of mid-range is not to my liking. The 2nd day, very quickly, I gave Peter a call (the guy who sell tubes) and got a Siemens CCA - linear - dynamic - balance - all is set and done. I never like telefunken for unusual bias on the trebel. I believe DSo is also using Siemens in the 5000s and I admire the result very much after recent encountering of his system. (I strongly believe the Zanden phono stage should benefit greatly by Siemens CCA. I tried Philips 7308 inside the phono-stage but finally ended up using Valvo 6922.)

I also connected the Tripoint Troy to the Zanden CD player by the latest ground cable. All are welcome for a listen of what a 16 bit player can do.
  • Options
    Excellent! I got mine to play in the office during daytime. Very natural sounding!