Skip to content
Options

查兄,av-forum內的讚美是指你糸統嗎?

Comments

• Options
    查兄,對RCA膽run in了多久?現在咩料?
  • Options
    Voy,

In the Syren preamp, there is a small round button at the back just above the power plug. Do you know what it is?

Are you putting the Earthed on or off? I have tried setting the Earthed on and it is much much quieter. I know there is another preamp which is exactly the opposite, when one puts away the earth, the sound is much more dynamic. I don't know if it is related to the design of the particular preamp or it depends if there is another 'drop-off' point for earthing by other components in the system. Any light that you can shed?

Thanks.
    Marvel

NB> I agree every bit on what you described on SMR EE series but would like to add that bass energy dispersion and control is the most challenging part for cables and in the past, many many fail to perform this well, either it is not 'deep diving' enough and producing too much of the midbass or it punches deep but lack of weight. SMR EE gives the best proportioned bass like the bottom of a triangular pyramid.

In short, EE is all about minimal energy loss and minimal distortion which makes it well distinguished from all other cables that I have tried.

• Options
    Thank for Marvel and VoyR bro.
    I got more idea of EE cable.

• Options
    Marvel bro, don't ever tell anyone you had a full course on syren without these cyroed 5687 tubes. I thought you were amongst the first to try them out as always?

• Options
    Voy,

I am about to try it as I was using Karan recently. Silver bat has been sitting and watching quietly. I will put it into action soon and certainly will try these 5687s. Are they significantly better as Syren itself is already damn quiet and the purpose of doing cryo is to make the sound more calm especially on the treble end. Am I right? Can you share the difference between cryo and non-cryo ?

Marvel
  • Options
    I have no idea about cryo versus non-cyro. There are tons of 5687 out there, I got no time to test this and that. I put my trust on PT as always. The original tubes sound edgy. Leading edges sound more normal, and the mid-range sounds like human flesh. They are bargain.
  • Options
    Marvel bro, did you try the cyro 5687 with the bat?
  • Options
    Just got a pair last night...not enough time to burn them in in order to give a more precise description of the difference. Iniital findings: (1) much calm and dark background ; (2) vocal sounds more natural (3) big picture type of orchestral music is more engulfing than the original tubes.

More to come...

The pair on the right hand side is the pair of cryo Tungsol, the left hand pair is the original pair.

• Options
    Syren open house
  • Options
    new tube installed....
  • Options
    Marvel bro, trust this rude bat that you must have the tron amp to get out of the bat cave.
  • Options
    Somethings wrong...I posted several empty replies.

Voy,
    I will take your advice seriously but first of all, my immediate 2 priorities are AudioValve Conductor preamp and Cessaro...I will consider other upgrades in later part of 2008.

Room tweaking is also something I wish to further work on in order not to spoil the music coming out from my current gears.

Marvel
  • Options
    Speakers very important.
  • Options
    Marvel Hing,

Not realized that you need 5687 tubes. I have 6 Bendix 6900's, which is a very different breed of of 5687 (it's not immediately clear if it's actually used in missiles or the just radars, it's use was classified). These babies are super linear, super quiet and dynamic. Still no closely matched pair yet though :-( But that doesn't stop me from using them.....

I can lend you a "pair" to try out.
  • Options
    How's SMR digital back in action?