Skip to content
Options

Wavac 833 Party this Sunday?

Studiogrey, 833 gathering this Sunday afternoon?

Comments

• Options
    Sure, Charles will come together.
    due to my small place, 2 more guest are welcome.
  • Options
    What time? Marvel will probably come too.
  • Options
    Studiogrey,

I really want to come but at 4pm tomorrow, I need to attend a badminton lesson so I cannot come. Can we arrange another night during the week? Please email me on any convenient time to you.

Marvel
  • Options
    Call me either if there ve next party! thank!
  • Options
    c.c.n., did you listen to the complete da vinci system today? How do you feel about it? I listened it twice, and everytime, I feel like in a hall. Imagine if you have a big room......
  • Options
    How was the 833 party today?
  • Options
    點解無人提下週日的約會,是否全被833毒死?
  • Options
    The 833 needs more time to settle in before showing true colors. The limitation of speaker position is also another obstacle. Resonators are out of stock. Problems cannot be solved entirely. That said, the placement of one basic resonator underneath the listening positon cleans up the lower mid-bass substantially. There is more separation between the vocal and the instruments. Mid bass attacks are also faster with the basic resonator. Another silver resonator on the upper section of the right wall helps to clean up the the bass even more, while at the same time elevating the height of the overall soundstage.

I tried to take away the silver from the upper section of right hand wall. Charles immediately noticed the collapse of soundstage height alongside blurring of focus. Pretty amazing. If I have just one more resonator, I will place it close to the port hole of the right hand side of Kharma trapped in the corner. Bass energy released from the porthole will then be converted into high frquency energy, thereby reducing the impact of the backwall.

We will have to wait. The absence of SMR interconnect between the source and the Wavac PR-T1 is also another major obstacle according to Studiogrey.

Be patient, as Charles say, the 833 does demonstrate his皇者風範。
  • Options
    Just like PT mentioned, I think the potential of 833 is ultimate.
    The cable setting and short burn in time let the 833 didn't sound properly.
    I have to change the KT88 tube from golden dragon to re-issue golden lion tonight to see any improve the sound quality.
  • Options
    I am sure the change of tube to gold lion will be very good. Tell us more after the change.
  • Options
    Studiogrey,

But I think fundamentally your source might need to be 'reviewed' seriously. The original 'package' that comes with Wavac is already stunning base on my experience with my phono and I have yet to consider swapping any tubes or even start to consider doing so. I don't have a SACD DAC but with another CD DAC, I am sure you will find the source 'may' be the culprit

Let's hear your further experimenting / experiencing...good luck and I look forward to visiting you.

Marvel
  • Options

Marvel bro, The result of change the KT88 tube to gold lion is positive.
    The sound of full range is much unhurried. I feel more comfortable when listen the orchestra, when PT visited last Saturday, we listened Beethoven No.9 by Karajan 1963.
    I felt a little bit chaos compared my MXR before, now I plug back the blacklabel 2 and change the KT88, the Berlin symphony back to under control.
    I invite you to home visiting 2 weeks later and hope I can tame the 833 on that time.
  • Options
    Thanks Studiogrey,

I look forward to visiting you in 2 weeks' time. By the way, other than BlackLabel Mk2 and the stock cable, what other power cords have you tried? For my Wavac phono, I am using ORB which is quite matching with my taste

Marvel

• Options
    Marvel bro, since mono request 2 pcs of same cable,
    I have pair of siltech and blacklabel 2 only so can't compare with other.
    yesterday night when listening the music, I feel the 833 become break-in, the harmonic of voice and cello more obvious.
  • Options
    Wavac makes good amp. This EC300B is great stuff too. I'd like to listen to the 833 too. It is serious stuff. Ito's masterpiece.