Skip to content
Options

Horning Eufrodite Ultimate Signature driven by Wavac 805

This is the first time I listen to the Horning Eufrodite in such a big environment. The distance between the left and right speakers is about 12 feet. The density of all the musical images remains very focus with tremendous details. The driving power of the Wavac 805 is once again proven with huge amount of energy without compromising details even in such big area. (The listening space is at least 800 feet). The preamp is PASSIVE, not even active. Right now, it is not enough to fill the entire listening area. Over time, everything will unfolds and I can foresee a whole band of Eagles reproducing in front of the listening area.

Comments

• Options
    When the speaker burns in further, the owner can pull the speakers away from the rear wall by at least 6 to 8 feet counting from the rear panel of the speakers. Last evening was a bit rush, and we had no time to do speaker positionings. Anyway, the speakers need to burn in for at least one month. All Lowther drivers take time to develop. Butcher is probably experiencing day by day changes now from his Aristotles.
  • Options
    Two FMRs on the Wavac 805 are sort of standard procedure so far for Wavac amplifier owners.
  • Options
    The source is Raven AC with Da Vinci Grand Reference arm PLUS.......
  • Options
    The renowned Goldfinger cartridge
  • Options
    What a heavenly match between the DV arm and the goldfinger!
  • Options
    A better shot of the 805 standing tall beside the Eufro. What is still missing in this picture is the Wavac PR-T1. He needs an active preamp to fill up the large listening area.
  • Options
    I and Master W are thankful of Bigpiece's hospitality in treating us Shark Fin soup which not only warmed our body up but also heightened our FEVER over studying acoustics in such big listening area.
  • Options
    Who is this guy? I mount the GF onto the DV arm as well. Is he using Zanden phono? We have almost the same LP config. With such big space, why not get the 3-motor?
  • Options
    Cant express well in my words about the excitement that PT and the Master brought to me on Monday. I have been listening to the Eufro for a few times in quite constrained listening environemnt. I am lucky to have a less constrained environment to see how far the Eufro can go. Of course, as PT said, it post a new set of challenges for me to tame the Beast.

After the swift and professional setup by the master, they started singing even right out the box. The transparency and conherence striked me the most. Frankly speaking, FAL already served me very well in these areas but quoting my wife's comment, FAL just like a little boy standing in front of big brother.

Goldfinger, another big surprise, I didnt anticipate that level of difference it brought to me. Could be a combination of match with Davinci Grand Ref arm, the Zanden phono. For all owners of DavinCi arm and Zanden Phono, I dont think there is any reason for not considering it as one of your next Cartridge. Of ourse, the other one is Davinci Cartridge.

I can see the great potential but still have a long way to go. PT and other highhands suggestions/advice are welcome.

I have to thank again for JLam, PT and Master for the professional services and customer care. This is the moment of truth and the "WOW" experience that I cant forget.

Bigpiece
  • Options
    S. Bigpiece, you don't have to thank AE.

The good is identified with the greatest happiness and the aim of AE's action is to advance the good.

S. Bigpiece !!! You are my new hope !
  • Options
    Mister Bigpiece, in the absence of an active linestage, how does the bass sound like? My listening area is similar to yours. The placement of your speaker is too close to the rear wall now. What is the CD player on the rack?
  • Options
    Hi Puyi, to a certain extent, the purchase of GF is inspired by you. Before GF, I used Emminent, which is quite an all rounder in that price range. Of course it is not in the same league of Zanden 1200, Raven AC and DV Grand Ref. I was struggling between GF or Davinci, and finally I picked GF, after your sharing. I will try Davinci, when I have the moeney to own the Davinci phono.

Not having 3 motors Raven AC is simply because of timing and budget as I have just moved in to this apartment.

Voy,

The Music First full silver version passive pre was doing well with FAL. It worked better then Vitus SL100 in my old setup. However, after switching to Eufro and in the new listening environment. It's not enugh, especially on the mid high range amplification. The bass is still ok as Wavac 805s have great driving power. Nevertheless, its still too early to comment as they have been singing for less then 20 hours.

Well, re the CD player, it is just a cheap cheap tube player bought in Shanghai but tubed with a pair of TFK cca, after my Audioaero Presitge has gone. Orginally, I plan to save money for the Zanden One Box CD player but now, I need to reprioritise to get a WAVAC PRT-1.

Thanks for your advice on spk positioning, a lot of work out the coming weekend. Will seek your further advice.

Cheers
    Bigpiece
  • Options
    I have the same experience on China cdp, The china made tube cdp is in good value.
  • Options
    Bigpiece,

I have both the goldfinger and the grandezza. To my taste, I prefer the grandezza to goldfinger. The dynamic of the string, the GF displays all the motion hanging in the air. The tone of the violin, the grandezza's realism is second to none. I can understand the matching of an ultra dynamic gf with a civilized dv arm to get the best of both world. To get the best of both world, it is my humble experience to have another arm/cartridge to do it.

But when you mount the grandezza cartridge with the grand reference arm, you got a feeling of "one piece". My philsophy is to extract the best from the original intention of designer.

Audiophile in China
  • Options
    Philip,
    Glad to know that you are staying in China too.

Its definitely not easy to have the best of both world. Apart from money, not every one have the drive and passion to push their system to their limit I believe you have gone through the journey that I need to learn more from you. Its always good to have a target to work on and thats the fun.

BTW, are you using Zanden Phono? Or you have Davinci too.

Bigpiece