Skip to content
Options

AE Sponsors the Premier of Metaverse Symphony No. 1 with HK Philharmonic on May 5, 2023

Comments

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    edited May 2023

• Options

• Options
    edited May 2023

• Options

• Options

• Options
    edited May 2023
    Illumination of the Metaverse Symphony Number 1
    Blazing a new trail is dauntingly hard.  A vision is usually ordained by aspiration. One then needs to anchor it to an executable plan. And execution requires patience, perseverance, pragmatism without compromising principles, a criticism-tolerant mindset, and adaptation to ever changing circumstance/environment.  Turning a new concept into reality also requires assiduous planning, backbreaking rehearsals, and comprehension of new ideas by the orchestra. The Metaverse Symphony No.1 exemplifies all of the aforementioned and successfully showcases the talent and persistent spirit of locally born Hong Kong young people. 

Last night, I was touched by the cooperative spirit of Elliot Leung (the composer), Henry Chu (digital artist) and the whole crew of HK Philharmonic.  The whole idea is creative in concept and innovative in execution.  After the 2nd movement was beautifully rendered, Einstein suddenly sprung in my mind.  The famous scientist was also a dedicated violinist. He once defined science as “what was seen and experienced, portrayed in the language of logic” and art as “forms whose connections are not perceptible to the conscious mind”.  The premier performance of Metaverse Symphony No.1 blended digital arts with classical orchestration in a very coherent storytelling manner.  The giant digital screen on top of the orchestra generates ever evolving digital images corresponding to the tempo (the mood) of the symphony.  It is abstract to a certain degree but it offers a graphical venue for me (audiences) to walk through the symphonic mindset of Elliot. The 1st movement is theatrically exciting. The 2nd is serene and beautiful. The 3rd is retrospective and inquisitive, and the 4th is flamboyant with a favor of Gustav Mahler.    

I was blessed to meet Elliot Leung at Divin Lab (my flagship showroom) in Jan 2022.  I am honored that Audio Exotics played a small part in this magnificent program. Our society needs new ideas in order to move on to the next stage. The success of the Metaverse Symphony Number 1 will illuminate the hope of many dream-chasers out there with new ideas. 
    Chris Leung 
  • Options
    山不在高,有仙則名。
  • Options
    拿破崙先生

妙句、妙句。
  • Options