Skip to content
Options

Well Float - A new game changer on mechanical vibration management

12346»

Comments

• Options
    WELLFLOAT Delta extreme under Wilson Audio Chronosonic XVX. 

• Options
    edited October 2021

In order to better control energy radiation achieving stability across the whole frequency spectrum, all of my audio components including turntable are supported by Wellfloat platforms.  I acquired another two lately for digital/room acoustics pre-amplifier and Zanden M6000 integrated amplifier.  They minimise mechanical vibration effectively. 

When I played "Stimela (The Coal Train)" streamed from Tidal, it is amazing my small (size of speaker) audio system could play so loud without compression.  I played this song with volume starting from 85dB, subsequently reaching 100 dB. I could feel the extreme anger of the singer!

• Options
    edited October 2021
    WELLFLOAT delta-extreme under the subwoofer brings me deeper into the recording venue through revealing more acoustic properties. Within the newly found acoustic space, there is more openness (dispersion) and more energy.  For example, the transversing of bass energy from the piano to the floor of where it is physically located, I can now visualise “the floor within the venue”.  Before the use of extreme delta, the comprehension of the floor felt as though the piano was located in my showroom. 

The restoration of acoustic properties of the recording venue is now more completed. It is staggering revelation.  I believe very few could follow what I am describing.  But those who do, the transcriptions are phenomenal.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    上月買了塊wellfloat板
    先墊在唱盤試試,同一音量,之前聽唔到的細節(如風聲)都聽到更清楚,解像力更好,更靜,力量又好似更強。

不過放在唱盤⋯會阻住睇電視⋯試完。

最終決定將塊板放落墊PC

一開聲真有少少難以置信,成首歌好似同一個版本嘅高清版咁,呢種情況通常換線先有。改進程度比落盤更強,再加上音樂連貫性更好、音樂感更強,聽落忍不住再開大聲幾格。

忍唔住買多塊墊後級,僅僅放得落。又再好力咗!又再扭大幾格!

• Options
    Speed Learner - did you also measure before and after vibration and resonance using AnalogMagik for your Vertere MG-1 on the Wellfloat platform?  If so can you share the results?
  • Options
    2Carlos29 - Yes, see my recorded B/A reading.  Vibration measurement in AnalogMagik using Wellfloat platform for MG-1 TT is improved by ~18%.  No effect in resonance in my case.   Hope this help :)

Before using Wellfloat platform:

After using Wellfloat platform:

• Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Wellfloat Delta Extreme is a much more advanced version of the standard Delta. They have been serving underneath Goebel Marquis in AE Central effectively. The 150kg speaker is literally free floating from any slightest floor vibration delivering stress free dynamic impetus.  

Recently I have replaced the standard Delta under the Arya Air Blade and the Goebel Sovereign subwoofer with Delta Extreme.  To strive for perfection, this step is critical because the entire speaker system is now using the same type of mechanical vibration control.  Human ears are very sensitive to minute inconsistency being rectified.  If we only deploy delta extreme to the main speakers without doing the same on the subwoofer, our ears could tell at once resolution/stability of bass is not on par with the main.  

Although they are both adopting the same design principle, the execution in Delta Extreme is a much more advanced as evidenced by better quality of aluminium alloy, less friction pendulum structure and stronger joints.

Speaker drivers propel backward and forward in order to generate sound waves progression.  WELLFLOAT direct all mechanical vibrations to be displaced via “lateral movements” only.  Conventional way is to channel vibrations vertically downward to the floor primarily by spike damping. This approach usually compromises openness of sound. This is physics.

• Options
    edited November 2023

In addition to SRA Virginia Class amplifier stand and Arya RevoPod feet, the installation of new Wellfloat Double board further reduces mechanical vibrations of the Zanden 6000 integrated amplifier. Those micro dynamic contrasts of vocalists and musical instruments have reached unprecedented clarity and stability, rendering deep emotional experiences chilling my spine.