Skip to content
Options

Well Float - A new game changer on mechanical vibration management

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2021
    From all the great photos I see the wellfloats have been put in various orientations. Some have the point of the triangle facing forwards, some backwards, some sideways. Some have all 4 wellfloats pointing the same direction, some the front is the opposite direction as the back feet, whilst others are all different directions.  What is the recommended orientation of the wellfloat feet for speaker use please?
  • Options
    There are no recommended orientations. 
  • Options
    Well that's good to know. So they can be installed whichever way one likes then, I guess.
  • Options
    Hi, Is there a dealer in the US? Thanks 
  • Options
    One of my friends has found a non audiophile application of the Wellfloat Delta.  Matter of factly, it is indeed a proper application to use it under the piano and cello to manage the mechanical vibration during the performance.

This  photo is taken from one of the feet of his son's piano! 
  • Options
    WELLFLOAT Extreme - there is no way of turning back.  I have never ever experienced such tremendous improvement in mid bass attack, solidity of bass notes alongside radiation of bass energy.  These are reference level instruments.  

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Delta Extreme is a gamechanger for managing lateral vibration of speakers.  The footprint of Extreme is the same as the standard version while its build and effectiveness are significantly better in mitigating speaker vibration.  In Central studio, I have 2 active bass traps installed to offset standing waves by turning them to maximum sensitivity.  After the installation of the Delta Extreme underneath the speaker, the sensitivity was gradually reduced by 80%.  Technically, it means a major portion of unwanted standing waves are removed. Energy propagation carries more directness and impactfulness engulfing the listening position.   Soundstage dimensionality is rock solid. Percussion instruments such as piano and drum excel with agile leading edges alongside rich fundamental tone and natural decaying trails.  The musical landscape is simply palpable! 

I would like to share 3 observations: (1) They are potentially 3 to 4 times more effective than the standard version; (2) the room can contain more energy as evidenced by listening volume up by 3-4db in AE central; (3) it brings bigger benefits for use under heavier components such as speakers, power amps and probably  the rack.  After several days of intensive listening, the Delta Extreme has transformed the acoustics behavior of the studio and heightens system performance by a remarkable margin.

• Options
    edited September 2021

Troy NG ontop of Wellfloat Delta Isolation Base.  

Whole picture of music firmed up. (my 畫面 was already very good without Wellfloat).  Background music are more transparent/well integrated with better scale in playing 張靚穎 Bang The World 「如果這就是愛情 」from Tidal as an example.  Longer harmonic decays and better delineation of music notes in playing 張學友音樂之旅 Live 演唱會—「樓上來的聲音」.  Marvel, thanks for your recommendation.

Learner