Skip to content
Options

Vertere : HBS power cable/HB series/Turntable/AC phase management centre

Comments

• Options
    Mounting the Madake cartridge on Vetere reference arm
  • Options
    TJ is discussing with Marcus on the technology of the arm during a pizza lunch break.
  • Options
    The arm is on.
  • Options
    It took almost 3 hours to reach the craze rack. Wears ready for an initial listen.
  • Options
    TJ is very impressed by the Madake on Vetere arm. He thought the Madake has already run in but in fact it is brand new. We increasingly believe there is special synergy between the two. Speed, transients, explosive dynamics are all present in the first 30 mins.

Marcus said, "老豆有可能被嚇親,因為從未試過這麼靚!"
  • Options
    Marvel Jr is good enough now to make this comment as he manages my system more than myself. I only spend my precious hours listening....

My heartfelt thanks to TJ and PT on this fantastic setup although I am not among the first group to enjoy it today.

Marvel
  • Options
    It will be my turn soon!
  • Options
    Hi Chris,

Are all the Vertere Ref Record Player System owners in HK given the master set-up service of Touraj?

Or just the initial several lucky guys?
  • Options
    TJ is happy to service everyone who puts trust in his masterpiece.

Marcus - the next generation audiophile - together with Touraj is going to have a long friendship. They work together to bring the system in unison.
  • Options
    Hi Marvel,

Like father, like son!

餅印一樣!

Congratulation!
  • Options
    CKKeung,

Thank for the compliments. When my wife retured from work, she stayed listening together with my son until 9pm and put a very high praise to the new vinyl setup which is the first time ever as far as my memory can go back....according to her, the background is extremely quiet and the music is extremely tuneful and lively. She cannot stop making these comments while skyping with me just now. Again, this is very exceptional. She even recorded a section of the music and whatsapp to me...

I need to hear for myself this coming weekend when I returned to HK.

Marvel
  • Options
    I listened to Vertere record player almost for the whole Sunday yesterday. With the superbly designed reference tonearm and an ultra quiet phono cable, the whole system produces enormous amount of fidelity and lyrics. The moments of quietness between groups of keynotes and the momentarily pauses can be heard vividly putting the musical passage like a roller coaster carrying me up to the top, pause and then dash deep into the bottom, pause and then surging up again....the path is so continuously reproduced in the original rhythm that the performer made their performance uniquely different from the others because the intentional placement of these pauses is not the same among different performers reflecting their own interpretation of the musical pieces and their skills.

A splendid piece of art and scientific invention bringing me closer to the original recordings.

TJ and PT, thanks again for coming over for this marvelous setup, my salute to you!!!

Marvel
  • Options
    Marvel,

That explains why your Da Vinci Gabriel is on sale. Douglas (Mr.Dalby)'s wave kinetic NVS is on sale. And at least 3 Durand Telos are already retired (but still it is a keeper). Gordon's transrotor's flagship is also on sale here.
  • Options
    which phono are you pairing? Wadax or trinity?
  • Options
    Jeff,

I am pairing Vertere with Wadax while comparing against DaVinci on Trinity....Having said, Trinity has helped a great deal in speed and transient on top of the mellowness depicted by the Gabriel. It has been a long time since I wanted to setup another set of vinyl using Hartvig and Simplicity 2. That is why I need to part with DaVinci unwillingly. Gabriel and Virtu serve me very well delivering years of musical enjoyment to me!!