Skip to content

wavac audio pre-M

Marvel Big Bro, You have any comment for compare wavac PR-T1 and vitus SL100?
Thank!

Comments

• Hello,

I am using Wavac PR-T1 and the HE833 in Beijing. I think the wavac preamp is a state of the art preamp. Vocal sounds are beautiful and 3D life like. Dynamic is fast and strong. There are so many details in the soundstage after using it. My previous preamp are Kondo M7 and Kondo M77. The Kondo also good but wavac is more full range. The musical picture and the soundstage are bigger, wider and taller.

I don't know Vitus. But tube verus solid state is hard to say, depends on your speakers matching. The wavac pr-t1 is state of the art.

• Thnak for sharing!
    I using the Avalon Diamond and hope the PR-T1 can provide more emotional female voice but keep the sound stage when play orchestra.
    which speaker you using?
  • Studiogrey,

The pr-t1 can do that easily. The energy and control playing Orchestra is amazing. I use Dynaaudio Evidence. I had a pair of Eidolon Diamond last year. Without tube amplification, the Avalon can never sound at full potential. After Pr-t1, you will soon use wavac amplifier. The Wavac 805 have many fans in this forum. You can check with them too.

• Studiogrey,

Do you have a problem to solve? Why are you thinking of changing the preamp from SS to tube? Is it the preamp that you are sure the black sheep of the family or you know where the problem lies but you choose to live with it and use other means to bypass / mitigate it?

SL100, to me, is still a top notch SS preamp which rivals a lot of strong contenders in the league. Karan, the SS preamp is to me another league above SL100 in almost all fronts. Having said that, SL100 should match very well with your power amp but frankly I am not sure if this pair of amplification would work well with Eidolon Diamond. I have heard Wavac PR-T1 many times and it matches very well with Kharma which also uses ceremique drivers like Avalon. PR-T1 has a very good control and tonally richer than SL100. Midrange energy is ample and to some extent a bit colorated in that it would make you feel more passionate and 'sweaty' listening with macrodynamics like ridding on roller coaster. The experience is spectacular and get you indulged on it. That is also one of the reasons driving me to buy it phono amp.

On the other hand, being a Tron guy, I would encourage you to try this because you will find it a bit more lineated than Wavac and yet the transients produced by the full blown Tron is unrivalled. Speed and dynamics are beyond doubt but you won't have the feeling that the midrange is being pushed out. I am using Tron with its built in phono and that adds another advantage for you if you go for LP lateron. There is no immediate need to get a phono as the phono inside is already difficult to beat. You can buy a Wavac preamp and buy a Tron phono later on but for cost-effectiveness purpose, one Tron is perfect.

Marvel
  • Marvel bro, I am Tron guy too, bingo!

The Tron may be too hard for the Avalon Eidolon. Tron, without the matching 300B, can sound a bit hard on vocal and string. The wavac should be a better choice for the Eidolon Diamond.
  • I heard the wavac prt-1 and 805 for an hour driving kharma during xmas time in PT home. I have to say I was very shocked and impressed by the dynamic of symphony and orchestra together with delicacy of human voices. Voices are very real and life like.

Ju
  • Marvel Bro, of cause the vitus not the black sheep on my system. I used several solid pre-M before but not one can even approached the performance of SL100.
    After using Esoteric P/D03, The contrast on my system let me can't enjoy the music, I can say it like home work rather then hobby.
    I consider either tube pre-M or tube power-M but due to my small place, a pair of tube power-M is impossible so I decide to change the pre-M.
    Tron is great pre-M I'm sure(because Marvel you have) but now I looking for a more sweet candy to balance my system so…
  • studiogrey, go ahead with Pr-t1, it can't be wrong.
  • Thank everybody and I think may join wavac family finally.
  • After the PR-T1, you will soon get the Wavac 805 too. This driving power of this amp is crazy. PT told me the synergy of PR-T1/805 is simply magical. I belive there is another guy in the forum heard this combo before me. I wanna to listen more 805 but they are always reserved and sold quickly.
  • Studiogrey,

Go ahead with Wavac, it cannot be wrong. I am waiting patiently for the AudioValve Baldur reference so I cannot be poisoned by this one. My only suggestion to you is to keep the SL100 as you cannot find a better one with this price tag. I want to compare it with the Soulution and DartZeel as both of them are some upcoming brands from Swiss, sounds like strong contenders.

Marvel
  • Julian, I also heard from PT that 805 is magical gear but due to my limited space, I can't go with this way now.
  • Marvel bro, of cause the vitus SL100 will lock in my treasure chamber until the swiss gear party.
    For the Soulution and DartZeel, you will try a set or the pre-M only?
  • Studiogrey,

I would think the Shindo Petrus will fit nicely with your set up as well, as it has balanced in and out as well, so you can fully utilize your P/D03.
  • Matthew Hing, the wavac Pr-t1 has the banlance in/out also. If I go for pr-t1, I have withdraw all of my saving to pay, how can I afford the Shindo Petrus ?