Skip to content
Options

Troy Elite NG/ Troy Elite/Empress/Troy signature by Tripoint

Comments

• Options

I have been using grounding box from Sweden for long.  By connecting all audio components to Troy Signature NG, it is unbelievable my whole system is look-upgraded for songs playing from both CAS (songs from Roon w/Tidal and music server w/NAS) and vinyl system.  Contents of songs I familiar are still the same, but everything sounds (different frequency range) weightier with more impact, silent and tons of details as well as very clear separation and 3D.  Stiletto (92cm height) speakers also become more invisible and a larger speaker.  The area I auditioned is fully fed by a very clear sound energy from Zanden 6000 that I can now play songs at higher volume continuously.  Space of my listening area becomes not enough I am thinking.

@Macy87, My Zanden 6000 is a version building in Finemet transformer.  I am very happy with it connecting to Arteluthe Stiletto speaker which is a 82db input sensitivity and 6ohm nominal speaker considering Stiletto is not easily controllable.

Learner

• Options
    Speed learner 

It sounds like you are swimming in musical heaven.  I shall wait for mine to arrive. I am going to order Zanden 6000 with finemet core, the same amp of yours!  I am also poisoned by 九雲!Listening to the 盧冠廷 2008 concert at Divin Lab was breathtaking, no difference from attending live. Every single note delivery is unhurried.  But when music like Dire Straits demands for dynamic and transient, the system is more explosive than before. 

The 九雲 is a lifetime investment for me. 
  • Options
    Macy, it must be a great joy to enjoy high quality components as well as music together with your husband. I’m just wondering who gets to sit in the emperor seat most of the time? lol
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Michael,

I conquer the emperor seat most of the time. My husband does not really understand music. He is more of a casual audiophile. I don’t understand most of the technical parameters. I care only the musical intent. I have a humble system built up by Chris. I also use Zanden phono stage but mine is the entry model with Vertere MG turntable.  
  • Options
    Wow, then you are definitely the most hardcore female audiophile I know :D

• Options
    Macy87,

Vertere MG and Zanden phono is already a fairly good combo fulfilling most of the musical enjoyment.  I listened many times in SpeedLearner’s vinyl system pairing with Zanden Model 6000 and Artheluthe Stiletto.  A humble system with a very ambitious goal!  I am happy to see the development of his system with the latest member added: Troy NG which you are also queuing to get.  I can imagine the smile you will wear on the face when you get it!

Marvel
  • Options
    Swimming in music space for a few days, these are my some experiences to connect audio components to binding posts of Troy NG.

1. Reserve a single binding post for audio component where CPU is installed (e.g. Intel running Windows or Linux) as this kind of devices will generate more noise than other digital devices.

2. Group the rest of digital devices to connect other binding post, but prefer all devices are grounded.  Device not grounded will transmit noise through audio signal path.

3. For analog devices, all devices shall also be grounded. E.g. more high frequency noise are landed into pre-amp through signal path (interconnect) if source device is not grounded.

Learner
  • Options
    3rd Troy Signature NG ready to ship.
  • Options
    Another Troy Signature NG delivered. 

• Options
    Another Signature NG will arrive soon.
  • Options
    Another proud and happy Troy signature NG owner. 

• Options
    Big Congrats to Kahw!   :D
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Thanks!! I changed from Signature to Signature NG.
    A lot will ask "What is the difference between them? Is there any difference at all?"

I was suspicious before biting the bullet. Cause I was so happy with my Troy Signature in the past 7 years. But knowing the effect of what Troy can do in my system, it is so worth to take a risk, and Bingo!
    It does make a huge improvement on the image and sound stage. 

After running in for one day, the "Soul" which PT mentioned suddenly appeared in Tsai Chin Voice. I ear-witnessed the changes. I thought my speaker cable connection was loose, cos it changed so dramatically. I am excited to feel the soul of of her voice.
  • Options
    Kah, you will soon reach deeper soul-zone with better ground cables. The NG makes the true sense of investment in premium ground cables, which in this group, knows they are more important than power cable in many demonstrations, and sometimes even interconnect. But the old school continues to be dictated by illogical consumerism.  It is fun to walk circles for awhile. Maybe I don’t understand the fun of walking circles. I rather want a straight line to the destination, however far reach it is. But I know where I want to go. 

You clearly do know the destination.