Skip to content
Options

AE Super Hi End Show 7/13 at HK Convention Center

124»

Comments

• Options
    Master Chik was leading the discussion on LP
  • Options
    Once again, thank for you coming. We shall continue to improve and do a even better show soon!
  • Options
    Thank for for a wonderful crew that spent every minute to do the best of the best in spite of tremendous difficulties under very tight time constraint.
  • Options
    It was a great show! Although the Chouku was on silent display, the immense presence of it still stole everyone's attention. Thanks for the great effort. Your passion is felt by everyone.
  • Options
    What a great show yesterday! The atmosphere was warm and glowing progressively. I like the teddy robin playback very much. It seems as though his live band was there playing. The Danny summer vocal was excellent too! But when Nat King Cole starts spinning on Da Vinci Gabriel, my heart started melting.
  • Options
    個Show做得好有heart, 相信觀眾是感受得到。我地聽完Danny Summer的媽媽我沒有過錯,真的有想拍手的感覺,點知後排真係有人拍了手出來,參加Hi End show是我見的第一次! 繼續努力,盡快交Troy signature貨!
  • Options
    I was standing at the very back at the right hand side. Not a good spot. I don't understand Chinese. But I could still feel the enveloping atmosphere. The room is too big for the Cessaro. There is tremendous echo rebound from the ceiling. I am used to the ultra fine sound at AE. That said, the emotions from Mr.Summer's playback was felt. The Chinese music was exciting with tremendous speed and dynamic. I could only imagine if the ceilings problems are gone.

But knowing PT and Jlam for years, how could I not show my support? They are exceptional guys and do things with tremendous intensity. Frankly speaking, an asshole like me would not bother to move that huge horns around within 72hrs back and forth. For what fxxking purposes? To impress someone they don't know? To audiophiles who can't even house a Wilson Watt/Puppy? To increase sales? Maybe. But they don't need to go through all these hassles to increase sales. This is driven by passion and to put the AE on the "map".

This is the passion. And what touched me the most was the closing speech by PT. (Wchow translated for me). I could see he was not happy with the sound quality. But he tried his best and gave his best shots with the crew within 72 hours. This humble attitude is precious. And I could feel it well.
  • Options
    The show was a great one. As VR rightly pointed out, we are used to the ultra fine resolution at AE. I got a feel that the room is too big. That said, the Zanden 9000-300B did a great job of filling the huge room with energy. Depending on where you were seating, the impression could be completely different. The first two to three rows should be the worst because of too much energy shot out by the mid-range horn. The middle session maybe better. As far as people standing at the very far end of the room, bass volume could be inadequate.

Anyhow, this was a show and not really for critical listening. I had lots of fun. And knowing PT/JLam for years, I was surprised they would do a show like this because they don't have too based on their current business model. Why did they torture themselves by moving so many stuff back and forth within 72hrs? They area alredy on the map long time ago.

The duration of vinyl display should be longer. The LPs spinned on the Da Vinci Gabriel were good. I like Nat King Cole and Hotel California very much. Of course, I am a big fan of Zanden phono stage.

Keep up the good work!