Skip to content

Da Vinci System: 感動的一刻 (開放月)

致各位AE兄弟,

我覺得這套系统已達致"在我本人音路歷程"前所未到的境界, 所以極之希望和大家分享. 需時三年才明白怎樣把這系统發揮到淋漓盡至的境界. 各樂器應有的音色, 表現者的風格, 而及管弦樂總體的音色和諧感是我暫時從未在其他系统感受過. 人聲的密度與其中高能量的爆發力和迅變, 和背景伴奏的樂團仍時刻保持溝通和默契. 小提琴悠揚的音色不會被鋼琴家用了paddle後的延長音被蓋, 因為這套系统的透明度連這些sustain音都能一一和小提琴的泛音盡現, 完全沒有混成一堆"空氣感".

在這小小的房間內播Mahler 5本應當是"不是味兒", 但我可肯定整個樂章的緊湊感不但止是一氣呵成, 而且氣承轉合的過程的細緻可論得上是"絲絲入扣", 當號角和喇叭聲響起時, 帶點金屬亮麗的泛音激發起一種希望的感覺, 然後再由左手面的弦樂組帶我進入思念的空間. 當群奏直上雲霄的時候, 我有一種整個樂團衝上小宇宙之感覺.

調較人聲用了最多時間: 女高音 (Kathleen Brittle), 男低音 (Byrn Terfel), Belafonte at Carnegie Hall (帶Latin American口音的聲音), 以及陳亦信和張學友. 當所有聲都pass, 當一播Eason Chan又覺得他的假高音不夠, 較好了後, 又到Byrn喉嚨聲和肺氣不夠. 此part比Mahler 5更難, 但最後搞掂.

我真的覺得有須要和各AE兄弟分享, 由於地方淺窄, 但仍能希望你地能帶一個朋友來指教下.

此系统如下:

1. Orpheus Zero (Frank's reference feet underneath)
2. Vekian signature DAC (SMR EE BNC TO BNC digital cable)
3. Music First Reference Passive Preamp
4. Grandezza Mono Drivers (Emission Lab 300B tubes)
5. Grandezza Mono PSE 300B amplifiers (Emission Lab 274A,
曙光珍品300B tubes one pair per channel)
6. All interconnects are Flow XLR
7. All powercords are Level One or Level 0.5
8. Kyoto京都級排穌; ORB旗艦"熱情" 電源線主線入京都
9. Another set of Franck's reference feet under the Kyoto
10. Da Vinci Intonation speakers
11. Tailor made Super Tweeter by RAAL
12. 三對喇叭線 Tri-Wire 去 Intonation (Flow spk cable 去超高)
13 ALL equipments sit under SRA OHIO XL+2 boards
14. The room is treated by Franck's sugar cubes, Glasshoper etc.

若此系統令大家失望, 請多多包涵.

Piano Tuner

Comments

• Piano Tuner,

The memory of my last visit to the Da Vinci is still cast as the benchmark sound AND that was a few months ago. Am sure it has improved leaps and bounds to warrant your unreserved certification.

The big suprise is that only Argento level 1/0.5 are used to drive this state-of-art system. This "back to the basic" approach is a shocking revelation to me.

Do save me a spot this month to experience the achievement.

• 昨天晚上, 我將對300B PSE Mono amp 插入京都骨, 用上了另外一條ORB旗艦"熱情"作主線 (京都骨是兩條獨立input的設計). 由於Charles和DSo都是把Wavac 833插進京都骨內, 所以我肯定絕冇動態壓縮. 但我由於懶, 不想搞機後縱橫交錯的電源線, 所以遲遲未把amp插埋入去.

由於訊源部份一早已用上了京都骨, 所以一早便知道它帶來的全面進步, 但當amp都經京都取電後, 我冇想到進步仍可令我驚呀.
  • 我唔敢去你處!
  • 我有用Flow電源在Vekian解碼上
  • Went to visit this system tonight spinning CDs covering Mahler No.5 as recommended by PT above, Eason Chan, male and female opera vocals, piano sonata, violin sonata, double violin concertos, clarinet concertos...all faultless reproduction of the original recording with a perfect balance of EVERYTHING that I can think of describing the musical performance of a system. What is found lacking is purely the physical space to allow full breathing of Mahler No.5 but yet, the entire presence of the whole orchestra is beyond doubt with all the textural richness and spatial cue. The passive preamp is very impressive, if you come expecting to hear what a passive preamp would likely sound like, you better think twice if you are actually listening to a passive one...it is extremely transparent and stress free. Vekian, another fearless animal reconstructing the digital signal into strings after strings of coherent musical notes, again, stress and compression free...Orpheus Zero transport, apparently a better match with Vekian than my Zanden transport...I don't know why, but the more details and silent background give me such an impression and the only way to resolve my puzzle is to borrow a Zero to my place for a trial... DV amp+Intonation speaker with active bass...another faultless couple...

Again, I came prepared to be stunned...yet....I was 'over' stunned....Mr Ken Chiu, you have to go there and listen to Eason Chan concert...it is like REAL and I am no joking. You were the recording engineer and you will be shocked by the level of how it s reproduced in PT's system. I listen to this CD many many times in PT's previous system and I give the highest praises to what I listened tonight...

Marvel

Marvel
  • I listened to my CD for 10 min when I returned home and stopped...normal 'Listen to PT's system' syndrome...damn...
  • Your comments made scare. If time permits, I may bring him along.
  • marvel bro, your unreserved compliments move my nerve. Just want to get something straight. Did you spot the Tripoint Troy there? How do you describe bass performance in a small room?

I had no idea what PT wrote in Chinese but he is someone that never bluffs. I trust the performance is great. But... how great is great? You got to tell us more.
  • Who else had already visited? Who else is going?
  • I am planning to "enter the dragon" tonight.

• Ok, tell us more tomorrow. What about your new amp?
  • 對於Marvel對此系统的讚賞, 我心感快慰. 昨天他聽每一段音樂都十分全神貫注. 大家也只是在曲目完結後才交談, 全程大約75分鐘. 最後他encore陳奕信現場演唱會Disc 3的 "明年今日"作總結, 我看到他有所被感動的樣子 (唔係講笑.)

今天晚上, alecy會帶Zimmerman的Rachmaniov Piano Concerto來測試這套DV系统. 我最好興係大家交流, 互相欣賞, 再接再勵的精神. 在末來一個月裡, 相信有很多建設性的意見. 在我應知能力以內的已全部用上了此系统. 美中不足都是房間不夠讓應有的空間發展擴散.
  • Raymond,

After a day of run-in, I can confirm that there is a real improvement in overall transparency and the amp is running a touch warmer.

PT,
    Look fwd to this encounter and long to hear how the Rach plays out through your system.

• Did you manage to escape from the dragon den? This system may be more difficult to convince the photographical realism school of Tidal. It will be interested to read your thoughts. Marvel bro is also using the Vekian dac, a completely different animal than Zanden 2000p/5000s. I have both but frankly listening to the former much more now than before.

I was told not even a single pair of FMR interconnects are being used. Just the small brother Flow, which we know well that it is nowhere near to the ultra performance of the FMR.

What makes it tick?
  • Voy, how do you find Zanden 2000P matchin with Vekian? Have you ever compared it with other transport? Other things aside, I think Orpheus Zero+Vekian deliver more realism and mid bass to low bass details while Zanden+Vekian has a bit of mist/smoothness on that zone...Eason Chan is a pop singer in HK as you might know...when he sings, he uses his nose a lot and if the mid bass to low bass is not 'transparent' enough, you cannot hear the true Eason. When I listened to his CD in PT's DV system, his nose is back and a real Eason was standing in front of me with 40,000 audience surrounding me in a virtual space of the Hung Hom colesium....how can I not be moved....I listened to Eason's CD last night AGAIN hoping that 'Listen to PT's system' syndrome has gone, but it hasn't....I think this time I am deeply poisoned...trouble is I don't even know what had poisoned me....I sent a SMS to PT last night saying 'I'm depressed'...

Marvel