Skip to content

Goebel Divin Marquis/Nobleness/Majestic /Epoque Reference

Comments

• This is indeed my biggest gamble in my Hifi journey.  I love the sound of my Lars Type 2.  I am certain it will sound pure and natural, playing with great passion and flamboyance.   

To me, I need my system to be able to perform at its absolute best for the types of music I care the most rather than to be able to satisfy all types of music.      

Marquis is an efficient pair of speakers, designed with the aim to be driven by tubes.  However, I still have doubts whether 36 watts is sufficient to take full command at peak level.  

Another major challenge is my listening area, I need the speaker to push all the way back against the wall to conserve space.  Since the bass reflex is at the front, in theory it should be ok, but that’s just theory.  You won’t know for sure until it arrives in your living room.   

I was increasing nervous closing in to delivery date.  In fact, I visited AE Central more often than when I was considering the purchase.   Marvel knows how nervous I was.   I am already thinking about risk mitigation and thinking of ways to tweak and fine turn in case it didn’t go well.     

My hypothesis paid off.  I almost burst into tears on the very first note.  I had been visualising how it will sound in my room over the past few months, drawing on to the experience I had from Divin Lab and AE central.  But I just don’t know how it will perform in my home.  In the end the full system exceeded my expectation in every single aspect.  I am so happy with the result.  

• Congrats Mac, wish you enjoy the marquis for the years to come!
  • MAC,

Lars Type 2 are real exquisite amps out there. They are rare. That set you apart from the usual solid state companion with Gobel speakers. I believe PT was behind the door facilitating the partnership between Engstrom and Goebel in Munich Show in 2019.  I am frankly not a friend of CH. They are superb in sound effects, but can’t drawn me into music. 
  • In Munich I could hear that combination.  great sound.
    BR

• I'm dealer of Korean Goebel High End.

After 3 weeks, Divin Noblesse will be arrived in S. Korea primally.

I'm finding the best amplifiers for Goebel Speakers.

When I saw Goebel spaekers You Tube movies, CH Precision combination is not good I think.

Engstrom is very awesome~!

I hope to import darTZeel and Engstrom.

darTZeel is no problems.

But Engstrom seems to be weak for Divin Series.

My audition system will install darTZeel NHB-468 Demo, and I'll order Engstrom Lars.

Guys~!

Lars is 36W.

Lars can control all Divin Series perfectly???

Eric is very burden.
  • edited October 2020
    Esotar,

MAC is referring the Lars type 2 driving the Marquis, not the Nobleness.  CH plays sensational sounds, not music, the experienced ears all know. But different people have different tastes. CH can drive the entire Divin series but why did Oliver changed to Engstrom in Munich 2019. It was because Chris of AE recommended him to do so. And the results are indeed much better. 

I don’t have the expertise and vast field experiences of Chris. But mind you that the word “drive” is not equal to “control”.  Lars Type 2 is 36 watt Class A push pull circuit, and the source of Wadax Trio staged 5v output into Robert Koda K10.  Chris also teaches us it is “end to end” that matters.  Type 2 can control the Marquis is thus not decided solely by the “numerical watt” of the amplifier. 

For the Divin Nobleness, even it has higher sensitivity, only means it is easier to be driven by different types of amp but it does NOT mean the speakers are easier to be controlled!  Eric will be a better match than type 2 to “control” the Nobleness.  

Dartzeel, maybe even better. But not until I hear a Dartzeel system setup by Chris, I won’t buy into all other comments as no one goes into extreme noise mitigation like him. 

He demos anything to shock.  
  • Thanks, DVader

I'm looking forward to seeing AE Divin Lab You Tube movies.

To order Eric DEMO for Divin Series later is the best.

I'm Korean. I'm informing Chris is the leader of World Ultra High End Market.

My customers' role models are HK Chris and US Mike Lavigne.

I hope AE is bigger than now.

HK is leader of Ultra High End I think.

I really respect Chris and AE members.

Congratulations to import darTZeel~!!!.

I'm waiting for You Tube movies.
  • 1st Divin Noblesse in S. Korea.

1st Divin Noblesse with 24K Gold options.

Very Beautiful~!!

• Damn gorgeous!
  • MAC’a Goebel Marquis is improved substantially by the Kangai jumper.