Skip to content

JLam’s Charity Act at AE SW: Donations to Food Angel 惜食堂 2021

Comments

• edited May 2020
    I enjoyed 2 full hours with friends at the AE Sheung Wan showroom Charity Session this morning.

The Session comprised of 10 Canton pops.
    The Cessaro Firebird was perfect for this kind of music.
    The other audio components were very very good too.

The showroom now is quite diff from 2 weeks ago.
    Chris invited a frd who was the chief Tom Lee field recording engineer to come to measure the room acoustics and made adjustment accordingly.

I must say this is one of the most satisfying demos/gatherings I have had recently.

Not only bocs of the good audio components or the fundraising purpose, but also bcos the 10 Canton pops were from the 70s to 80s.
    They brought back so much memories.
    The good old teenager/high-school days ...etc
    They are soul music indeed.
    👍🏻💓
  • edited June 2020
    It has been quite a while for me to write something here after my second baby born. And I hadn’t visit AE Sheung Wan after Divin Workshop setup. Maybe about two year?  Not that I had quit hifi, as a matter of fact, I am just too busy with new job and baby stuffs. 

I am sure we all have a lot of emotions after social events to be immediately followed by an unprecedented pandemic in Hong Kong. Music is the best cure to calm down to enjoy a private moment sorting my mind in order.  All these Cantonese songs in 70s and 80s show me the hope and cheer up my spirit.  The good old time that reminds me what is "Love and Care".

When Chris sent me a link about this event in the beginning, to be honest, I didn't even click into the link. But thankfully he never gives up this lazy friend. When Edison showed me some pictures, I contacted him at once as I didn’t want to miss this event. Luckily, the charity goes on.  I was very excited.  This event is booked until Sept. Very good news!

How was the sound in AE? 

Again, I don't need any further writing here. The first impression I said before Chris playing anything was the simplification of the system there - a very simple setup for AE. Chris smiled and replied "Yes". I am sure that he spent time to select this setup. Anyway, Hi Fi gears were not the main role in this event, and we went straight into Music.
    He played songs from the 70s to 80s.  A lot of memories and emotions came out during the session. The setup at AE reveals all this hidden treasure in the groove. I am sure we know these songs from inside out, just never know that they are so good.  I felt like someone talking to my soul, especially when I Sam Hui was singing.  I was never a fan of Sam, but his 浪子心聲 touched me the most.  I headed right after to Chik Cfu and bought this LP.... , hard to compete with AE replay, Cruel facts, Haha, but I was equally Happy to own this treasure, and hope that someday, I can replay it like what I experienced in AE. What a wonderful and meaningful journey in this morning.

Salute to AE!!

• edited May 2020
    The 4th Act was done yesterday morning with CKKeung, Kahw, Roman, Mr.Zanden and Edward.  It was a cosy session.  Not too much words as all were drawn by the very musicality of canton oldies of 70s/80s. 

$4,500 was raised.  AE matched $4,500.  A total of $9,000 will be transferred to Food Angel on Monday. 

• edited May 2020
    有幸在三星期後再訪AE,見證這系統短時間的蛻變。Chris近乎每隔幾天便update我們關於他的系統如何進步。

今次他針對駐波最嚴重地方,放置了四個active bass traps。而最大駐波的地方,竟在喇叭兩邊,而不是喇叭後的牆角,這是經過科學測度的結果。處理了駐波後,他亦將高音horn的靈敏度調低了兩個dB,以達到整體平衡。

我早了一點到達,Chris示範了一小段交響樂,我第一個反應是,前牆完全不見了,那種立體感及空間營造令人感到前面是一個舞台,而不是在聽hifi。 論廣東歌播放,整體聲音更純淨,歌手及樂團的感情演譯更細膩。最感動到我的仍是張國榮的「共同渡過」,他的聲音今次多了一種張力,多了一份幽怨纏綿的深情,像每粒歌詞也直接唱入我心中産生共嗚。

當Chris還源至三個星期前的設定,好像空氣感及某些高頻多了些動聽的harmonics,但各頻段的能量較散,不能表達出歌者造句時的微細變化,以致hifi 感強,音樂感弱。

現在的AE上環,能真摰地還原歌手及樂團的感情,把錄音時的神髓還原,這是比還原hifi音效更高一個層次。這種感性率直的音樂,令我們在這艱難的日子,帶來充沛的正能量!
    Man
  • Roman,

請問AE上環昨天的表現和兩星期前有什麼分別?我非常喜歡你的技術性分析。

我們在台北每天都關注此善舉。蔡總統之所以連任是因為香港社會事件,這𥚃大幅報道香港種種的不是,尤其是地產霸權,中資不斷收購港資老牌企業等等.....

但我認為御品卻經營有道,是一個能代表到香港公司的品牌,因為他們骨子裏有我所認識的香港精神。
  • Roman,

多謝你的清楚分析,究竟是什麼的Active Bass Trap?
  • 是有源要用電的bass trap. 應該會發出相應的頻率來抵消要處理掉的頻率。但詳細原理可能Chris較清楚
    Man
  • Roman,

原來是瑞士PSI Audio的AVVA。開和關,有什麼分別?
  • 開了的話,每個發聲點的能量較集中,較厚潤,較有質感,背景亦寧靜些。關了的話像多了一層高頻的沙石,聲音較散漫,相較之下薄聲了。
    Man
  • edited May 2020
    今次聚會十分之難得, 有靚歌欣賞, 又可幫到人。首先要多謝Chris攪呢次聚會,多謝Edison介紹穿針引線! 一聽到主題是粵語中文歌黑膠欣賞,真是又喜又驚!

心想難得可以係咁好既地方、咁靚既音響、聽到由細聽到大陪著成長既廣東歌,絕對是喜事!但另一方面廣東膠需談不上「不能入耳」但始終比外國上榜天碟始終相距什遠,在這麼好地方,又的確有點「浪費」,這是驚也!

但當序幕開始第一首歌響起,「驚感」已經一掃而空,係一個好既環境器材再加適心調教後,絕對係可以好舒服自在,去好好享受最熟悉最輝煌時期既廣東歌,唔需好刻意咁去著重音色分析定位,簡單就是最好!

但經Chris去解釋,為今次活動事前準備:「細心揀選每一張LP 代表每一個年代,將房間所有不好東西(ground noise、machines noise、room resonances去除),真是不簡單的任務,簡單來自不簡單....

好快整個晚宴去到尾聲 (只可以用宴會去形容,一個絕佳既地方,好好既菜式,絕好既廚師)播最後一首哥哥的歌,真是十分難忘感動,就好似哥哥再現舞台,感動!!!

終於去到曲終、但人未散!Encore 時段自由選曲,播回外國天碟,所有定位、分析力、音場 、空間、 細節盡顯,無驚無喜 ,絕對一流!

再一次多謝Chirs 有心有力! 出錢出時間 !舉辦這次有心聚會!很榮幸有機會參加,希望好快再有........
  • edited June 2020
    By EdwardLui

非常開心上星期六可以參加呢個活動,十首中文金曲入面都係十分之有感觸。正如 Chris 所講黑膠系統真係一部時光機,好多嘅回憶都係由落針一刻開始,我哋由70年代一路聽到90年代就正正好似睇住香港嘅一直轉變。其實睇返都係有點心酸,不過 他搞這個活動又真係十分正面,真係又可幫到人,又可欣賞到我哋平常唔會太留意音質嘅 Canto pop LP。原來在一套調校正確嘅音響下,係可以咁引人入勝。大家如果有機會一定要親身去感受一吓!!
  • 終於有時間分享今次參與一個咁有意義嘅活動感受啦!

多謝PT出心出力出錢安排一個咁別開生面嘅音響活動。亦都非常多謝 N&E 嘅 Edison 從中協調令我有機會參加呢個機會難得廣東歌黑膠欣賞會。

第一次可以近距離接觸到AE嘅音響產品,之前只靠佢一年一度嘅AE show遠距離聽過。今年受疫情影響好多活動都暫停左,令到好多人都冇乜生氣包括音響發燒友, PT這一個活動簡直可以講得上幫我們發燒友打打氣。用最輝煌嘅廣東歌時代,嚟鼓勵我哋。一首首經典嘅廣東金曲,經PT同所有工作人員的悉心調教,令我完全陶醉喺音樂入面。最後一首哥哥嘅「共同渡過」令我印象真係非常深刻,歌詞非常之有意義,音響器材嘅演繹就好似置身係紅館哥哥嘅演唱會咁樣。

根據PT講,9-May嘅活動係這一間音響室經過所有調校後歷來最好聽表現最好嘅公開活動。小弟真係與有榮焉。