Skip to content
Options

First real pics of Da Vinci Master Virtu Reference Preamp

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2011
    In an inflationary world, price of everything has gone up in a continuously manner. The CHF and JPY relative to the USD/HKD, in particular, have both risen to unprecedented highs. I have seen some other Japanese tube preamp/poweramp with retail price reaching at HK$900,000 and tube power amps at HK$1.68mn. I said to myself, "everything in this world is a matter of relativity now."

The CHF today is trading at almost HK$8.9 per 1 swiss franc. Exchange rate matters to our business a lot. With expensive exchange rate not to our favor, our partners have to do a lot more to justify the surging costs at the importers' end.

When I received the Master Virtue and saw it/touch it for the first time, the sheer weight of it surprised our transportation staff because it is more heavier than the Tidal Impact stereo amplifier. Why is it so heavy is not just because of the solidly milled chassis but the size of transformer used inside. This is one hell of a serious preamp with completely new concept. I have never seen something like this. This is just a line-stage. There is NO phono.

This is at the heavenly/ultra fidelity level of work for the most discerning gentlemen who aims for the most demanding quality. Instead of inflating the retail price to stratospheric level, we have decided to sell it as FIXED PRICE item given the scarcity. We also want people who purchase this item will treasure it instead of enjoying "transient ownership".
  • Options
    It makes very much sense to sell it as FIXED PRICE Item. I do believe it is a legendary Pre-amp which was created by Peter when he was having serious health problem.

It is an Innovation and all about love of music from the inventor Peter Berm. If you got a chance to see inside.....you will say.....OH MY GOD. The transformers are super Crazy! I listen to it in Switzerland and I love it so much.
  • Options
    Will it connect at AE showroom?
  • Options
    I will write something deep about it when I understand it enough. In a big system, I can't rush.
  • Options
    Hey , I think this is my new V2 preamp toy. I am sorry that Im still overseas busying. I will come back couple of weeks later. Sure, if you guys want to connect it in the AE showroom for more people to listen to.

On condition that you dont mind if you need to disconnect the whole Tidal preamp system.

Thanks JLam and PT. Let more people to enjoy it.