Skip to content
Options

Product of the Year - 2010

2»

Comments

• Options
    Have not heard all AE products properly this year but the Vekian combo exceeds my expectations on what CDs can do. The synergy between the transport and the DAC using the I2S is big as well -- when I used a SMREE digital cable in lieu of the HDMI it was still good but most of the magic was gone. Some (like myself) will say analog is still quite a bit better, but this is a breakthrough for CD and is a must-listen.
  • Options
    My vote goes to Takumi K70 which is the biggest investment for me this year... perhaps my vote will be verkian CDT the same time next year.
  • Options
    There is a very impressive products for me--ORGANIC CABLE. The price, The quality....which brand can come close to it??
  • Options
    Though the Vekian CD combo can rival many good analog sources, you should listen to Gabriel Mark II. My vote of course goes to this amazing turntable.
  • Options
    Its surprising that with all the high praises that everyone has heaped on the AE studio, that no one has nominated the Tidal gear. Tidal has truly been a revelation in my audio journey. They are IMHO 'end-game' components - meaning, I do not have to upgrade or keep on searching!
    I nominate the Tidal Contriva Diacera SE. This is the speakers I have and it has changed my approach to listening and how I appreciate music. At its price range, there is no equal!!
  • Options
    The stuff shocked me, the Grimm unexpected well match, But the short listening experience on un-burn in Sunray T1 in AE showroom is the most deeply impressive experience in a year. The symphony is truly unique.