Skip to content

Tidal Contriva Diacera SE landed

13»

Comments

• The Da Vinci Unison MK2 as the analog source feeding the SUNRAY
  • The Ultimate Line/Phono - Prescenio
  • The best of the best in the Munich Show 2010
  • comments from Audiogon and other websites:

"I attended all days at Munich. Tidal sunray were by far the most impressive system there. ususally I´m not so impressed by ceramic drivers. They tend to sound alike with the small highlight on upper midrange/lower tweeter. A small tendens of harshness mixed with this pregnant mean tone that colours
    voices in particular. You could here it in the Kharma room (I had to leave after 3 minutes due to this well known fenomen) and the other rooms using the ceramics. With one exception, the Tidal sunray. There on the other hand were no ceramic sound at all.
    I agree with someone else in this thread that Sunray presented a live performance as realistic as i´ve ever heard. And I´ve heard quite a lot thru the years.

Over all there were a lot of good Hifi going on at the MOC show but the Tidal system were alone on the very top. I was really surprised but 10 visits on different places in the room with all that kind of music going on showed the fact. This was one of that rare moments with absolute top performance. We both vept and hade goosebumps all over. I wonder what this
    system could do in a room without MOC:s boomy floor and in a quiet surrounding... And no ceramic sound what so ever! Astonishing...

Hifishows is for real not a easy game for the companies that is
    demonstrating. I guess most of the people in here are experienced hifishow-visitors as myself. Before the show you know that there will be too loud, to much boomy bass, many rooms with bright and gray sound and a lot of
    the same music in many rooms.

I would never take an option away only on the basis of listening experince on a hifishow. The TAD for instance I´ve heard perfom better but still not my cup of tea. The Kharma..., no, I don´t know what to say, a disapointment and clearly a ceramic sound. To the point then, what made me post my meaning were that even under those circumstances the Tidal were awsome! One of the best sound I´ve heard and way better than Marten coltrane, Kharma 2 and 3, Wilson W/P7 and 8, Maxx 2,
    all listened to in controlled and good rooms. Wilson Alexandria is the real stuff but never made me cry. That the Tidal did and it´s a quality mark as good as anything.

Someone else may have the emotion on other sepakers but I´m afraid I´m hooked :-)"
  • "I just returned from the Munich High End. I can now understand the disappearing act you're talking about. Tidal played (on purpose) at a much lower volume than the rest of the exhibitors to let people experience the extreme finesse of detail, monitor-like coherence and incredibly fine-layered micro-dynamics that these speakers are capable of. Even then, and with all the bright lights on, you could actually fix your eyes on the speakers and not tell these sculptures were actually the source of the sound
    that just magically emanated from the stage unfolding in front of you. What a difference compared to some other (much renown!) speakers that at almost distorting volume and under the veil of movie theatre darkness still had the
    sound glued to them and a big hole in between them."
  • Hello my friends!

I am Michael from Greece and I just ordered the Tidal piano Cera! I also managed to listen to the Tidal room in Munich, the sound was so scarily real, natural timbre and fast! What a great speaker!

Happy Listening,

Mike