Skip to content
Options

Cessaro Active Bass Module Arrived

2»

Comments

• Options
    Bigpiece,

Glad and delighted to see the installation was smooth and you are pushing a few notches up on the overall performance of the Cessaro speaker. I wish I could have the luxury on your huge listening area (one day)...Take full advantage of it and I am sure with a right choice of the amplications, this will complete the last puzzle of your system....

Share with us how you and PT deal with the room acoustics...is it something not to worry too much about in your case? Ralph told me the wall backing up the speaker is very important...would your false ceiling on the side wall trapping any sound energy?

Marvel
  • Options
    We did nothing new on room acoustics, the glassstoppers and a couple of diffusers had been installed before the subwoofer. No resonance/booming noticed at the back/false ceiling.
  • Options
    What is the crossover frequency? Don't forget to contact ground wires from the active crossover to the Tripoint. If the integration between the sub and the main speaker is seamless, this should be a very lively sounding system.
  • Options
    They are set at 40hz now. There's always insufficient no. of groud wires, but connecting to the active subs and the power amps appear to be most effective. The soundstage is now very well presented 3 dimensionally with dynamics I have not experienced before. I could not notice the presence of the sub.
  • Options
    Bigpiece,

How large is your room? Is there enough energy to fill the room? The crossover freq at 40hz is quite low. That's because the woofer of the Affasciate is horn-loaded that allows the lower mid bass to dive more before rolling off. I can imagine the seamless integration.

I am tempted to follow your path. But I am thinking more on the line of a full tower of 4 12"inch bass units as opposed to half tower like your case now. It makes sense to fill the room with more energy if space allows for them to develop. The enveloping experience will further evolve.

By the way, are you swtiching over to Takumi from 805?
  • Options
    WChow
    My room is approx 70-80sqm. Ralph told PT the same that I may consider to have the upper tower module. For the amp, Takumi is a logical option.
  • Options
    Given the size of your room, full tower should be the ideal solution. The fun part is to improve gradually. I am certain this is quite a big jump from your previous setup. A full tower of subwoofer will create even more division of labor amongst the bass drivers. The result will be even better control. The extra bass pressure from these subwoofers will energize the whole room. If room acoustics are good, you should be engulfed inside the recording.
  • Options
    Bigpiece, the Takumi is good. I never bluff.
  • Options
    Bigpiece, do you notice further improvment in the lower register? I believe subwoofers need very long run in time. What power cables with the subwoofers now?
  • Options
    WChow
    Though not much time to enjoy the system until the weekend, I do notice the improvement. I am using ORBs PC for the active sub.
  • Options
    Bigpiece, when is your Takumi due?
  • Options
    As a Algame user, I am very proud of the bass reproduction capability of the speaker. The presentation of the Algame when driven by the right amplifier has tremendous ease and bassline resolution.

You were once an Eufro user. You missed the lower octaves when you switched over to Cessaro. Now, the low frequency is said to be completed. Does it mean it totally blows away the Eufro from top to bottom now?
  • Options
    Just back from HK, not a chance to visit PT's Beta system, but managed to bring the Silver Bat back. Which seems to be a better match with my current setup with more inner details, transparency and musicality.

The Takumi is expected to arrive in NOV/DEC this year.

Voy, I would only say I prefer the Cessro way in delivering the full frequency to the Horning. It has more control and detailed.

Bigpiece
  • Options
    How would you describe the bass performance of your horn system after the addition of the subs? My Algame has been serving me well. It is not easy to convince me if there is another pair of speakers with such effortless articulation on basslines. Bass is the foundation/backbone of all music.
  • Options
    Voy
    its a different way of presentation, when compare with my experience with Eufro. I would say Eufro sounded like more to be a speaker system plus a subwoofer and I felt the existence of the sub-woofer. The balance was shifted towards to the lower spectrum especially in terms of quantity. The cessaro system now I have appears to be more balanced with both big picture and details. I have not listened to Algame, so unable to comment.
    Bigpiece