Skip to content
Options

Addicted to Argento

13»

Comments

• Options
    The sogon produces very attractive high freq band. I like it very much on violin and female vocal recordings. The bass band become shy on recordings when more bass instruments are there. The transparent is just the opposite. The lower mid range band and bass band are more solid. The organic produces the most details on all freq bands. It has no attractive high like the sogon, no solid bass like the transparent. It seems the stuff are naturally there.
  • Options
    I received the organic speaker cables today
  • Options
    Immediately, I applied them between the active amp driving the 16" subwoofer. The spk cable between the Takumi and the main Beta speaker is the Argento FMR spk cables.
  • Options
    Looks cool! Really have to save some money first to pay for the AC2. It is very posioning...
  • Options
    I hope that the price of this beautifully made Organic Speaker cable follows the same trend of Organic Interconnect.

When will Organic Power Cord be available? This kind of high performance/price ratio will propel a newcomer like me to choose Organic Power Cords for my front ends.

I am confident that the family of Organic cables would jump start my forthcoming system in a natural way.
  • Options
    Long time no update here. Just got the Organic SC, incredible performance at this price for just a few hour run-in, in terms of natural, balance, transperent, detail, high/low extension, speed, live,...... much more can be listened now.

My current Argento stuffs.
    Flow PC
    Flow RCA
    OR PC
    Level 1 mk2 PC
    Organic SC
    might be Organic IC coming!
  • Options
    The following is written from a new customer (Peter) on his latest experience with Flow power and Flow interconnect cables:

Hi Piano Tuner,

May I say thank you to your last email furthering to your absolute confidence on the Flow and the FMR. Why wouldn't you? I am also very pleased to have the opportunity to audition such awesome cables. That basically tells you how my experience with the Flow was.

To start off with the Flow PC, honestly speaking it wasn't exactly a jaw-dropping experience. It was up to my expectation, with a good degree of details, superb imaging and a towards live music experience. May be I have been using 2 Siltech G7 Ruby Hill II power cords in my system so far (one for the Ayre CD player, the other for the Krell preamp) and they are excellent cables without any doubt. Hence, by swapping the Ruby Hill by a Flow for the CD player and passing that Ruby Hill to the Power Plant Premier wasn't producing a dramatic day-&-night improvement. I would say, based on my audition sessions, the Flow PC is in the same league as the Ruby Hill II. I wish I had a Siltech Ruby Mountain II to compare with the Flow, or, the other way around to have a FMR PC to compare against my Ruby Hill or even make it interesting to compare head to head with the Ruby Mountain. The fact is, I noticed the weakest link in my system, as far as cables are concerned, is not my PC, it could be the IC's. I can tell you why.

That brings it to my experience with the Flow XLR. It was actually after about 100 hours burn-in of the Flow PC then I introduced the pair of Flow XLR. The details were starting to become unbelievable and sometimes even hard to imagine such details were being recorded on discs in the beginning. To gain such a giant leap forward in details, neutral and transparent, it could be after that 100-hr burn-in of the Flow PC, or could be the introduction of the Flow XLR, or could be the effect was additive. My guess was towards the new pair of interconnects. When I listen to some music DVDs (Norah Jones, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, you know, live in concert DVD) through my Ayre universal disc player now, I can hear (yes, only audio since no video output from the Ayre) a lot of details both from instruments and vocals that when I played the discs from my Pioneer Elite DV-59AVi DVD player before I was not able to hear them. Isn't that ridiculous? When I actually see those details on my big projection screen but I don't hear them. Now I don't see them but I hear them. In other words, with my Ayre and Flow cables now, without seeing what's on I have a better live life music then when I could actually see the video. That's how good the Flow XLR and PC are.

I am a big fan of Yo-Yo Ma and I virtually own all of his releases. The most latest one is, of course, his elegantly boxed limited edition 90-disc collection "30 Years Outside The Box". With the Flow cables, I am hearing almost everything from him, his movements, his arms and fingers, his body and head, his swing along with his cello, his breathing (even though he's not singing), strings vibrating in the air, some interesting wood noise, then most importantly together with his soul, picture up an image of Yo-Yo Ma performing about 10 feet in front of me. It's that real. I could not imagine how the Argento's FMR would further this live experience. But if it does, I would be most delighted to be the lucky audience to audition.

As of today, burn-in for my Flow PC has gone through somewhat over 300 hours, for my Flow XLR a little over 200 hours. However, I can feel some further improvement today over yesterday. Is it going to better still after 200+ hours break-in? If that's the case, I am very impressed.

Strongly recommended for those who could afford it or be willing to explore the hidden potential of his existing system with an upgrade of cabling instead of buying a new pair of expensive speakers or high-powered amps. My opinion, go with a decent source, CD/SACD player or analog or whatever source you'd like, then put on as many Flows or FMR as you possibly, i.e. financially can, your entire system will shine.

Thanks for listening to my experience with the Flow. For sure I am not a pro, however, I only trust what my ears can hear and my brain can interpret.

Have a great holiday season.

Peter