Skip to content
Options

Addicted to Argento

Comments

• Options
    For those who cannot afford the FMR or the Flow series like me, the organic cables to my big surprise has so much clarity. It does not sound like a copper cable. Quite clear in the mid range and clean bass. I also like the XLR connectors. It is very cool looking.
  • Options
    史努比的主人,

好! 你玩開堅野, 我信你多過吹水牛奶仔!

剛剛追蹤到 JLam 老闆寄出的 UPS 包裹,明天才到達吉隆坡.

聽你講完, 我現在很心急!

技安
  • Options
    On the way home after I picked up the organic XLR yesterday, I met a friend in MK mtr station who just bought a pair of used Kharma Grand Reference. He was very happy because they are not easy to find in used market. Since I had nothing to do, he invited me to go to his room for a listening. I haven't met him for almost 8 months.

The Kharma cables are very heavy, and thick in diameter. My friend prefers the mid range of the Kharma very much. I told him I am not as rich as him. The organic cable that I showed him was very light in weight, flexible. He has a decent system with Esoteric X01 player, Viola preamp, Mark Levinson amplifiers, driving a pair of Sonas Faber Amati. My friends invested heavily on cables. They are all Siltech G6 and G7 ruby HIll power cables. His preference is mostly vocal and some light jazz.

We were eager to try our cables. He put in his kharma Grand Reference between Viola preamp and Mark amp. Then we listened to GEM, Eason Chan, and some Chinese vocals. The human voice is very silky with body. We moved on to some jazz. The bass seems quite big, speed seems a bit slow. But this is not my own system. I don't know too much. My friend also felt the room starts booming. We tried to reposition the speakers a few times but still can't solve the problem completely.

I was about to leave and my friend asked me about this organic cable, never heard before. I told him it is made by Argento but he asked me then why it is not labeled as Argento. I don't know how to answer. Anyway, he said he heard a lot about this brand but never really has a chance to listen to them. Why don't we just try? I told him the organic cable price is only a fraction of his Kharma grand ref cables and don't expect too much. I said I am purely looking for the best price-performance ratio cables.

He was very surprised by the quality of the XLR connectors on the organic. We plugged it in between Viola and Mark. The cable is brand new. And we listened to the same songs that we just listened. We were silent for about 10 minutes, not saying a word. The booming was gone, the speed of the bass comes back, we can both hear the notes of double bass distinctly now though we can also argue the body is not as big/dominant as before. But the most dramatic change is in the mid-range. It is very clear, the intake and outtake of the singer's breath is revealed. The violin's resonance of the wooden body can be felt now. But the Kharma has an overall smoother mid range and silkier highs.

Mr friend asked me how much is the organic. I told him. His face shows astonishment. But I told him it is purely about mix and match. The organic seems to have good magic in his system which he also agrees.

I have asked for his permission to write what happened here last night and his answer to me is "I will get a pair today myself".
  • Options
    Charlie Brown,

I would recommend your friend to try the 'Flow' interconnect as inherently, silver conductor should give more 'treble' and the way Flow series has been designed would produce the smoothness on the treble without causing any harshness experienced in most other silver cable. Why is that? The terminator of the cable plus the way the conductor is soldered into the connector does the magic. Argento develops their own connectors in the Flow series (I suppose also in your new cable as well).

I enjoy reading your report on such comparison!

Marvel
  • Options
    Is this the cable PT using in the active subwoofer session of this super horny system?
  • Options
    史努比的主人,

下午飯後看完你的評論, 搞到更心急.

剛剛回到家, 拆開 AE 包裹. 立刻從中取出“有機”信源線, 即時同意你和牛奶仔對 “有機”連接器 賣相的看法.

橙銅色, 很有風格和形! 我將一對插至在數模轉換器 (奧菲斯) 和前級擴大机 (愛因斯坦) 之間, 另一對插至在前級和後級(愛因斯坦)之間來推康寧Eufrodite.

決定延遲食晚飯, 立刻播曬披頭四Please Please Me 2009 重新製作光盤, 感覺到很真切, 自然和流暢. 吉他,貝司,鼓和人聲 在聲場各展所長! 披頭四都返曬來. 稍後再聽學友的 “In love with you”, 演唱和薩克斯管在接近尾聲該節讓我很感動.

比較我之前用高價 “協同研究”信源線改進了幾個馬位. 一句到尾, 物超所值!

我很滿意! 你地無吹水! 將介紹朋友用.

技安
  • Options
    Ki-On brother - are you imitating the writing style of Brother Fat?

Anyway, I was very contended with the organic cable performance. Put it this way, I did not think it is possible for such cable at this price to have such level of resolution and clarity.

VR- you are right. It is exactly this reason I went to buy the organic cable because PT is using the organic cable in the subwoofer session of his super horn system. He told me the bass was muddy and Mr.DV was not happy until he changed to the Organic. I listened to this horn system and was blown away.

My friend also bought a pair yesterday. I believe he will soon start writing here. I am glad that AE finally has something more affordable. The purchase of the AC2 had already broke my wallet!
  • Options
    史努比的主人兄弟,

你真有眼光! 知道我很喜愛看發哥的評論. 發哥很有幽默感和見地. 或許這麼導致我模仿發哥的風格!

而且我們的馬來西亞華人說話很像香港人. 對發哥失敬!

“有機”信源線越來越放! 很高興我們有同樣的意見. 這樣有更多的人負擔到玩好東西!

技安
  • Options
    The organic matter is getting serious. After my friend (for some reason who still cannot login here) sold the Kharma grand reference back to the 2nd hand dealer, there are many gossips. He returned the cable after one day. The dealer must be upset. When my friend told him he feels organic is a better deal and especially after knowing the low price, people do not believe. Anyway, his friends will bring in the Siltech G7 interconnect to compare in his system today. It seems they feel challenged because the Kharma grand reference is over +20k. But a lot of this comparison should be fun and interesting.

But in my own system, the organic opens up more in the bass region. The piano is very clear with just the warm tone.

Marvel bro - when I save enough I will buy a Flow.
  • Options
    It means a lot if PT is also using the organic in his super horny system. Because this guy is serious about every inch in his system. It seems Mr.Zanden and Mr.DV are contended with his system. This organic stuff, no matter how cheap it is, plays a part in the final sonic outcome.
  • Options
    Charlie Brown's friend is the Dark Knight. Here I am after many failed trial to get log in. So, the story everyone knows, I buy the kharma and sell it the next day. It is not that kharma is not good; it is very good with very warm mid frequency and smooth hi freq. If the organic cable price is similar to kharma, I will not sell the kharma. But organic cable is only a few K, and at this price the perofmrnace is too good.

We compared the organic to the siltech g7 cables about 8 times the price last night. So here is the result, the G7 is more quiet, and the mid frequency is more pleasing, the low mid bass punch is stronger. It is use between my viola preamp adn mark levinson amp. This is what you expect from an expensive siltech cables. Here comes the organic which is not as quiet as the g7, less bass punch but at the same time the organic is more clear than the g7 from top to bottom. I understand the organic is a copper cable, not a silver cable. I hear more mid frequency changes, the mouth of the singer moving, and the microphone location, and so it also goes well the bass is more clear. The overall sound is not bright but not as warm as the siltech.

G7 is of course a better cable than the organic and it is not fair to compare the cable at 9 times the price but we also feel this organic cable has some areas that is better than the siltech. At such low price, we feel it is too good, really too good. I bought a pair of XLR for myself and my freinds in Sha Tin probably may buy to today.
  • Options
    Batman,

In this case, can we say G7 is more pleasing to ears but carry some form of coloration while Organic tends to be more neutral in in terms of musicality, it delivered more natural music and better coherence. I have not tried Organic but just try to 'translate' your description to my more familiar cable assessment language...

Marvel (AE CCO - Chief Cable Officer ha ha)
  • Options
    Marvel big brother,

I have no idea abt neutral meaning. When our friends play some Chinese made vocal recordings, the G7 siltech cables give us more beautiful sound. If there is no comparison, the midband of the G7 is more clear than G6. When organic use, then there are clearly more details and movement of the singers than G7. On some very nicely records, we all felt organic gives us more. I asked Charlie a few times whether this is a silver cable. But this is just a copper cable, and so this is the big surprise because it is more clear than silver cable. But the sound is not bright.

I don't know too much neutral meaning. I just feel it is a great buy.
  • Options
    蝙蝠俠,

很高興你當“有機”信源線做知音.

它在播放演唱方面經常有神來之筆.

Eric Clapton 為自己心愛的兒子在 MTV不插電唱出 Tears in Heaven (1992), 絕對的悲傷在“有機”協助下表達無遺.
    唱到“Begging please”, Eric 從喉嚨慢慢微弱的結尾很清澈! 讓我感覺到他哭泣的心!

“有機”的音調中立和細膩, 最重要的是抵玩, 大多數人再沒有必要討價還價.

技安
  • Options
    After many read the comments here, other audio friends brought audionote and transparent reference with mm technology tonight to compare with the organic.