Skip to content
Options

Da Vinci Audio Lab -- Switzerland Zurich, Bern, Sornetan

Comments

• Options
    when available?
    WoW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Immediately available, just waiting for Mr.DV's instructions when to ship.
  • Options
    Please arrange at August! (must be install at any "Week End of August.")
  • Options
    The following is an opinion from a French visitor who paid a visit to the Virtu last week:

Dear Jolanda, Dear Peter,

Regarding the speakers, let me tell you i have been extremely impressed by the sound they displayed.

In a couple of words, connected to the Da Vinci electronics, the bass frequencies were fast, articulated, going low with weight, speed and plenty of dynamics. Whatever the type of speakers you could listen to, it is extremely rare to get such results mixing so different aspects. You can usually get weight but the sound lacks dynamics, or you can get dynamics like high sensitivity systems but what about the very low bass ??? With the Da Vinci open baffles finely designed and tuned by Peter Brem, using a pair of 12 inches Fertin surround-less drivers, you get the best of both worlds in a manner you have always dreamed of but you haven't listened to so far.

Happy with what the bass drivers were able to do, Peter Brem have selected another Fertin driver, a 8 inches full range unit without any surround, to take care of the medium and high frequencies. And the surprise was as high as with the bass drivers. The sound gets to another scale of realism with a real 3-D expression, a unbelievable lively soundstage that allows you to "see" the performers in flesh and blood. The quantity of micro details you can hear here and there contributes to the feeling that "you are there" ! Quality of timbers is top ranking compared to what i have listened so far, and even if there is no tweeter, the Fertin bicone and phase plug make you think good quality paper still demonstrates outstanding precision and clarity in the high frequencies. Upper harmonics are accurately detailed with far more consistancy than any dome does, and this helps to the beautiful but neutral tonal balance of the Da Vinci speakers. I am a great fan of open baffles and horn speakers i have to admit but those one are without any doubt one of the very, very best speakers i have ever listened to whatever the price, the size and the technology.

• Options
    Peter Brem and Jolanda will fly over to Hong Kong from August 7th to August 11th to set up the Virtu speakers (All proprietary Field Coil drivers, Active Crossover, active bass modules) for Mr.DV. This is the world's 1st set of a Full Da Vinci System at top configuration with AAS Gabriel serving as the ultimate analog source, a complete chain of DV electornics with the addition of a pair of Mono Drivers feeding the Mono 300B amplifiers.

I spent three days with the Virtu with Peter in May. It gives me unforgettable memories till today.

Mr.DV, the pride and the endless years of musical enjoyment will be all yours. We have been waiting for this moment for a long long long time....
  • Options
    A smaller Da Vinci speakers in the making
  • Options
    I believe Peter will probably use a smaller version of the field coil driver employed in the Virtu for this smaller size speaker.
  • Options
    Interesting! any more things to share about this smaller speaker?

Will you guy's Aston Black-AAS come with Peter on this trip?
  • Options
    No, the Aston Martin AAS Gabriel will arrive earliest in September.

No more information on this small speakers. Let's ask Peter two weeks later!
  • Options
    Numerous Awards won by the AAS Gabriel turntable, Grandezza arm, and Grand Reference cartridge.
  • Options
    I was told I will have new companion in the analog world soon.
  • Options
    Do you mean a new owner of Preos phono stage?
  • Options
    I am referring to "Sense and Sensibility".
  • Options
    Oh it must be the "angel".....