Skip to content
Options

From Ideal to Reality

2»

Comments

• Options
    The ground wires provided are also real high end stuff using air as dielectric
  • Options
    This is heavy duty AC power cord attached at the back but none of your components can be plugged into the TROY. This is passive device too, no transformers inside at all. Why the need for an AC cord? Have no ideas, just know a few patents are pending for the TROY and the use of the AC cord is to activate some kind of magnetic module inside the TROY.
  • Options
    Even it is not any kind of AC conditioning devices, the construction of the provided power cord is not trivial at all separating all three wires.
  • Options
    Connections between the TROY and the components are done here. Just like connecting speaker cables - hook the ground wires to the binding post - and then the other end goes to the grounding posts if there is any or direct contact with the chassis
  • Options
    I grounded the Tron Syren, DV Phono main chassis, majestic power supply of the phono driver to the TROY progressively over the past 4 days to understand the incremental improvement.

I rank the TROY as an absolute necessary component in any serious high end system because you just never know how much ground noises are there until you removed them from the signal path without compression. Repeat - absolutely no compression.

It is not designed for the fainted heart who believe similar device at a few hundred bucks can do the same job. It is equivalent to the class of SRA OHIO XL+2 (cleaning mechanical vibrations) in the domain of ground noises elimination. It is just that never before someone does it so extreme, so effective and so enlightening.

FMR, SRA and TROY represents pinnacle of audio technology in their respective area. I don't comment this lightly. The pain is long delivery time like most of the stuff carried by AE.

PT
  • Options
    Your words are good enough. Send me the details over email.
  • Options
    J, check email and get back to me asap.
  • Options
    Ground noises are really pain in the ass. If this box can suck them all from the system, I can imagine the improvement could be quantum. You are right that I have not seen such serious attempt to kill ground noises, most of the stuff out there are little gadget.
  • Options
    Interesting device. What is the collateral damage?
  • Options
    I listened to the TROY with and without just "one single ground wire" attached/detached to the power supply of the Da Vinci. PT even showed me the incremental improvement by adding one after another ground wire to various components. I have to say each incremental steps, to my very surprise, still bring exponential improvement.

Then, when he disconnects all the ground wires, what he said to me is the following, "Puyi, do you recognize your system sound now? It is all noises riding on the piano notes, violin string, drum skins etc..." Damn it, I really feel those noises now when I return to my own system. This device is staggering, extreme peformance and I just can't live without it. Everytime I go there, my wallet becomes lighter.
  • Options
    I am going to experience the Troy at 11:00a.m. Let's see if my wallet will become lighter afterwards.
  • Options
    Ray,

Did you use your checkbook? Please share more...