Skip to content
Options

The Landing of DV Mother ship

Comments

• Options
    Voy,

Tidal is incredibly neutral and its phono stage is the best to my liking. The only coloration of this phono as far as I can feel after having it in my system playing a key role as phono and preamp is that it is 'colorless'. Many would fail to develop a 'love' to something is there is nothing to 'love' about. To me, especially in the domain of LP, there are so many variables to play with: cartridge, tone arm, tone arm setting, turntable, phono cable, clamp (the latest discussion above), it would be nice to have one big variable 'zerolised', which is the phono. Connecting to Bergmann, I can feel what Bergmann sounds like and when Bergmann is connected to the Zanden, I can immediately 'deduce' from the equation on what Zanden has added and subtracted.

In the pursuit of finding what DV sounds like with the 'zerolised' variable, the change to 47ohm on the impedance is critical. Such change may not be critical to the extent to immediate awakening for someone who is not familiar with the entire system. Changing from 200ohm to 100ohm to 98ohm to 47ohm may not mean a lot, but to the system owners like myself to my system and Alecy to his system, changing slightly the impedance would tilt the 'sweet' point to 'sweat' point. I am really pleased with Peter of DV's recommendation on such setting as it really unleash the true potential of the DV combo at least to the farthest extent of the phono cable. In the past, being a cable freak, I always criticise the DV phono cable is not up to the standard compared to the flagship of Argento, it may still be the case with the advent of the super mighty FMR but I can be sure to say it was an understatement on the performance of the DV combo in the past without the Dv turntable and the right setting of the impedance to the corresponding phono.

I dare not to imagine DV-lising the remaining chain of my system as point 1, it is a money slaughtering path that only opens for a very few, point 2, my inherent mix and match personality would perhaps never get me to the ultimate setup of a suite, but that is me, at least for the time being, enjoying living in a pinnacle thought mixing and matching would yield the best of the world. Someone like Raymond, Mr DV, Mr Zanden, Mr Wavac and last but not least, your goodself would certain laugh at me!! By the way, are you getting Tron 211 mono to drive your Algame?

Marvel
  • Options
    We have more fans of DV in the community now. Given the unique musicality it offers, there will be more and more.

• Options
    The new member is Small potato - his highly anticipated Nobile tonearm
  • Options
    Just opened it to make sure everything is in place.
  • Options
    And we have a surprise from Peter....
  • Options
    The latest Grandezza cartridge with a new diamond needle and different internal wiring. We shall test it soon.
  • Options
    Wow! my dream tornarm finally arrives - really can't wait any longer to install it to my turntable.
  • Options
    smallpotato, I am glad you take this move! Take my advice and get the SRA for the turntable...both amp and source would benefit the most from using SRA.

Don't tango back and forth in enhancing one element and downsizing the others, you should get a proper preamp and fix the hum sound of the power amp..your current setting of using the attenuator in the 300B power amp on volume control kills a lot of dynamics and control and you know that....

Marvel
  • Options
    That's cool! That's the real you! You enjoy variety - that entertains me a lot. You may become a walking dictionary of audio gears/cables. Well, well, well, I'm never skeptical of your knowledge on each individual gear. I take your opinion seriously. You have taken a difficult path than most of us - a cocktail, or some kind of audio orgy. Integration is far more important but I admire Marvel bro retains his character - that is you - that is our Marvel bro - the int'l acclaimed hi fi playboy.

Now, what the hell is ??????? PT dosen't bluff. He kills many of us with supreme accuracy. What is lethal about the message is he ranks ?????? along with the stuff that I am all too familiar - and Vekian is not on the list though it almost made it.
  • Options
    How is the daimond cartridge?
  • Options
    marvel bro, had the german doc already finished the operation of your horny one? Your sharing on the Unison is surprisingly little for the quality of it. Maybe, the speaker at the current state cannot reflect the full color of it. I am following your closely, dude.
  • Options
    Voy,

I have been busy for the past 2 weeks on some other things so haven't spent much time on reflecting my views on the InUnison. As a matter of fact, I can only find out from other threads of the forum about the heated discussion on the Troy which appears on the 'PT's list' the last. Equally I haven't had a chance to visit PT as he is also very busy and right now in a business trip.

Lots of thing to talk about Unison...extremely quiet and coupling with Tidal, I can hear more finesse and ambience coming out from the music it produces. I like piano, violin sonatas and chamber music and what Unison can provide to me in addition to the Bergmann+MC Winfiled is the type of 'hanging in the air' harmonics with endless tails. I can imagine if a pair of FMR is in the place of the phono cable running out from the DV arm to the phono, the amount of details and microdynamics would drown me to death!

Ralph will be coming this Sat to upgrade my speakers and I shall report shortly afterwrards.

Marvel
  • Options
    Mr. small potato, thanks for taking my DV cartridge. I just cannot resist the new diamond version. I am totally melted down by the musicality of DV. Enjoy!
  • Options
    Mr.dv, this is your speaker! The amps are done, power supplies are done. Peter is waiting for the field coil drivers and pure bronze baskets to hold them. Many reviewers from Europe are longing for a Virtu experience. Be patient!!!
  • Options
    I hope everything smooth sailing with your horny operation today. By then, shall you share more about the Unison? It also makes a lot of sense to mount a Shilabe on the Bergman then.