Skip to content
Options

What is your most favorite AE product in 2008?

2»

Comments

• Options
    2009 begins with a shiny day! Let me take this opportunity to wish everyone in the AE community as well as in HK a Prosperous and Healthy New Year!!

Marvel
  • Options
    I work in the sky 5 days a week. When my life is back on the ground, music quality is of paramount importance to me other than pretty women. The Da Vinci cartridge just kills me like the hot lips of women and the Argento Flow just makes the whole process a lot smoother for some serious actions.
  • Options
    My top pick last year: Zanden 2500 CD player and the 3000 linestage
  • Options
    With the gentle offer from Charles, ( telling me the login / pass as a guest )

I would definately choose the Resonators and reference feet from Acoustic System.

I don't use Argento Cables at all simply because of the price and my personal-biased philosophy in not-prioritizing cables as the top most priority in a play back system.

However, as a feverish room acoustic fans, I do appreciate what Acoustic systems' Resonators have brought to my listening experience, the behind philosophy. I nearly treat it as a "must-have-tool" in each room.

Quoted what the Father of Resonators stated " No resonators, no music. " .(^_^). v

Needless the say, one of the most impressive ( not commonly sold items ) is the Sugar Cubes!

Bravo! the father!

• Options
    Just recieved the Vekian and PT helped set it up for me last night.
    All I can say is WOW!
    Definitely the Vekian as my pick.
  • Options
    katongkid, where have you been? It's been quite awhile you are off the radar screen. We are both fans of Horning. I am glad you take the Vekian shot. How's the sound like with this monster?
  • Options
    Yes, been away for some time. Work pressures, and since I spend most of my time on a plane, I am hardly home to enjoy the music
    The Vekian surpassed all my expectations as I was wedded to the Zanden DAC. The sound initially was a little overwhelming ... so much information. I was in the least amazed by this monster. Only thing that I don't like about it, is how it looks compared the Zanden. Maybe I'm a little too much into the aesthetics, but frankly its performannce is inversely proportional to its looks.
    Its a keeper in my books, but.... I'm trying to find a space on my rack to hide it... ;)
  • Options
    Katongkid, I work for the ugliest industry and there is no future. My pressure must be a hundred time of yours. Music really soothes my dying soul. I did place SRA order for Vekian last week.

This monster will give you sonic orgasm one after another. It will trigger the very thoughts of upgrading speakers and all sort of crazy imaginations.

Are you using the flow interconnect cables now?
  • Options
    Voy R,
    Yes. the Vekian has indeed surpassed my imagination and expectations. And
    Yes, I'm wanting the SRA, and
    Yes, I've ordered the flow interconnect and
    Yes, I'm thinking of changing my speakers. PT has proposed the Tidal Contriva Diacera. The Algame is a little too big for my place...
  • Options
    For Tidal, you need help from the German gangs. Ray, Alecy, Dickson, and Jeff from Taipei. I heard Marvel bro is heading towards the Contriva Diacera soon. I have no credentials to give your Tidal advice.

The flow is a must have, it removes layers of un-noticed stress from the sound, extremely 3-dimensional but not clinical.
  • Options
    Katongkid,

I have been trying, owning, selling and buying all kind of speakers in the past twenty years. My final settlement with Tidal stems from my need for precision and colorness reproduction of signal. That does not mean I have no respect for tubes. Coloration is good some times for certain type of music.

High efficiency speaker is the right way to go as I saw many of you are fans of Horning and Cessaro. Music is more immediate, a lot more harmonic information than conventional speakers, and the rhythm of the music simply flows smoother. What you already have is a good speakers.

Tidal never hints any of ceramic signature. One way to detect coloration is the proportion of musical instrument size relative to each other. With Tidal speakers, the size proportion of the violin, viola, Cello and Double Bass is so damn right. (that is a function of the recording as well. Some are reocrded very close to the micro-phone). Not only the relative size comparing to each other, but also the proportion of them as a group to the soundstage. Some speakers throw a huge soundstage out, but the proportion of musical instruments all messed up but most only knew the presence of a huge soundstage is good.

Why the hell do we need such precision? This is the same question I throw out to horn lovers. Why do we need such dynamics? Our answers are the same: closer to the original musical intention. But if I am a concert goer at the middle section or the upper dress circle, I don't need such life-like dynamics at the front view, I am concerned more at the overall construction of the orchestration.

Maybe, Alecy can give you more of his feelings on Tidal. I understand he will soon get the Tidal mono block to drive his Piano Diacera.

Katongkid, you can't go wrong with the Tidal.
  • Options
    I just have one piece only! But it works wonder!