Skip to content
Options

What is your most favorite AE product in 2008?

First of all, thank you for all of your generous support in 2008. This year, I have seen staggering quality improvement from many AE fellows. I am not as technical as PT. I don't have the audiophile mindset. I don't know how to fix room acoustics like most of you now. I just know how to listen to music based on real live experience as a musician and many years of study on piano and guitar.

When I found AE 3 years ago, it was meant to be a small community, aiming for quality instead of quantity. We want to adopt a private bank approach and focus primarily on fundamental knowledge. We also learn from our customer. For example, PTsang constantly provides valuable technical guidance to AE. He is a walking bible on tubes.

The development of this business model turns out to be much faster than I originally anticipate. Many feedbacks from our core customers even want us to be a full-fledge Hi End Audio Salon with nicely decorated showroom. I AM CONSIDERING this option now BUT it must not compromise my original business philosophy - quality instead of quantity.

We put tremendous care to choose our business partners. The products chosen by AE must be outstanding. When I look back and ask myself what is my favorite product in 2008? It took me more than 1 hour to come up with an answer. Because the definition varies from one to another. In terms of look? Cost-Effectiveness? Peer recognition? High frequency finesse? Mid range tonality? Bass speed? Or all of the above? I don't know your criteria.

But for me, considering all of the above plus my own subjective preference, my own top 2 picks in 2008 are:

ALGAME ZIGMA by Horning
Vekian Signature dac by Stahltek

These two products bring me to "uncharted" area which I never thought possible before.

What is your top pick?

Once again, 2008 was another fabulous year for AE. I don't have any budget to meet in 09. All I want is a happy and peaceful 2009.

J

Comments

• Options
    Shilabe Cartridge
    Vekian dac
  • Options
    我會選Vekian sig解碼和Flow信號線.

如果我不是親自看見HT4G和京都骨的先後比較, 我會話用三皮幾買個排蘇是痴孖根, 但昨天在全Da Vinci系统的印證下, 由4G上京都的進步好似upgrade了部解碼或前級的感覺 - 冇野講, 多了許多細節, 尤其是泛音方面. 呢套Da Vinci系统配Vekian真係一絕. 由Vekian去無源前用了條Flow訊號線, 起碼有些部件我也用遇, 知道乜料.

Grey兄, 你舊京都骨點呀?
  • Options
    Tidal Preos Phono and Flow interconnect are my top picks this year.
  • Options
    My choice is obvious - the Algame. The next choice is Zanden phono.
  • Options
    I am an analog guy. To my ears, nothing has ever created so stong a ear-gasm as the Da Vinci tonearm/cartridge and the Unison turntable. I have no 2nd choice. My heart was stolen by Da Vinci, only I wish I can be as rich as Mr.DV to own an entire suite. I look forward to the arrival of the Virtu field coil speakers.
  • Options
    發哥,琴晚終於試咗京都骨,基本上一用已經拋離4G.最出色係力感,最少增加20%出力.小提琴有啲毛噪.應該煲多1-2晚會好啲.真係好得下.
    有關2008 AE 最喜愛的產品,我會是
    1.wavac 833 v1.3
    2.ORB KYOTO
    3.SRA Ohio board
  • Options
    Happy New Year all friends!!!

No doubt the AAS Gabriel, DV Phono+Driver and the Majestic power supply.
  • Options
    I enjoy this community a lot. There is no rush to become a retailer in my opinion.

Wavac HE833v1.3
    Flow interconnect
  • Options
    HE833v1.3 & Algame
  • Options
    My vote goes to Tron Telstar 211, Vekian dac and Argento flow interconnect.
  • Options
    My picks are Vekian and Bergmann.
  • Options
    Too many to choose from but I narrow down to 3:

1. Vekian Signature dac
    2. Tidal Preos Phono Stage
    3. KYOTO power bar
  • Options
    I love (1) Bergmann Sindre (2) Flow interconnects (3) Vekian signature

Happy New Year from Taipei!
  • Options
    The Thales tonearm,if it has more mid-bass energy, its second to none, except the master tape.
  • Options
    I am a silent reader of this very interest forum for a long time, and has become a habit of reading it everyday. I seem to know the each person well. I don't have time to explore. In 08, the product that impressed me the most is the Da Vinci Tonearm/Cartridge and the latest Flow interconnect cables.

Happy New Year!