Skip to content
Options

Marvel's Wavac 805mk2

124»

Comments

• Options
    I think we will use DSo's place with PT's presence in case we need to adjust the resonators to accommodate the 805.

PTsang, need your expert advice on the 805 tubes, right now I am queuing for the stock of United 805.

Marvel
  • Options
    Are you using EE power on the 805v2? If yes, swap them with FMR. EE power with 805 pretty bad match. The slight whiting of the upper high (characteristics of 805 relative to 300b) will be accentuated by EE power. FMR is just right.
  • Options
    Marvel,
    I haven't had any 805 experience before, I have GE, RCA and United 211 tubes for my Ongaku days. For all RCA older tubes, 40's-60's, I used before, they have the same sound quality, warm, mellow, congested from the lower mid and downbelow. From what I hear from the 805 V2, RCA is not the intended sound from the designer's perspective, I think United is the better choice.
    About the 12ax7, it is normally used as the first stage driver, it does not have sufficient output and swing to drive a 805, if you want to change this tube, do it alone without changing other tubes to feel the taste first, mixing older tubes at the same time may be very misleading in the outcome.

• Options
    Guys,
    833 and 805 has a complete different character which can be demonstrated from the 2 amps from the same company, I would like to know more about what gears are used by Ralph to design his speakers.