Skip to content
Options

Alecy's Tidal day

At 9:45am, the crew arrived amidst Typhoon No.3

Comments

• Options
    Don't let the size of the flight case betrays the total weight.
  • Options
    Unpacking began....
  • Options
    The exquisite finish must seen in real person to appreciate. It is the best piano lacquer that I have ever seen.
  • Options
    These stuff are all engineered to perfection.
  • Options
    Mounting of the feet began. These feet has ball bearing inside.
  • Options
    Standing up one by one....
  • Options
    The SMR spk cable that shocked Dso last week.
  • Options
    Alecy has been waiting for this moment for a long time - turn on the amp!
  • Options
    Then, spin the vinyl with the Da Vinci Grandezza Cartridge.
  • Options
    Use another camera to take a macro view. The very first speaker position were set without any deep thought or consideration - simply for the sake of "open sound".
  • Options
    Marvel bro arrived later but he surprised us by bringing his beloved Preos Reference to poison Alecy.
  • Options
    Connecting the Tidal Preos Reference
  • Options
    Connecting cables are not easy, a major exercises for them
  • Options
    Upon a few tracks of listening, we decided to change the speaker position.

The Tidal reports stops here temporarily as it is more appropriate for Alecy to report his own experiences. At 12:00pm, he decided to fetch another pair of SMR SE to feed the Tidal Piano Diacera!
  • Options
    My second time visiting Alecy was in a stormy morning wiht NO3 signal hoisted. Notwithstanding the gusty wind and shower, I sitll decided to pack up my Tidal Preos and carried it to Alecy's place. I am very interested in comparing the linestage of Preos with SL100 which I have used before.

Piano Diacera, although having 2 ceremique drivers on the front, doesn't sound anything like ceremique, music is soft and mellow with timidity and uncompromised speed and rhythm. Compared to the Kharma3.2, the presence of the ceremique drive is so much more transparent. Soundstage was a bit compressed when listening to larger scale music. PT studied the environment quietly and suggested to move the speakers a bit wider to avoid blocking of the air flow at the back (see the large Vitus power amp sitting right behind the speakers. PT was right and after moving the 2 speakers by about 1.5 ft apart, the soundstage is much more open and much filling in the space. I believe the optimal positioning of the speakers is yet to come but the initial 2 hours were very rewarding.

We hectically changed the preamp to Preos and noticed that the movement of the drivers is much more apparent than using the Vitus pair. So we decided to stop the comparison suspecting that the damping factor of the power amp may not match too well with the preamp. I will certainly come again when PT can advise me what should be do about the matching, may be a Tidal Impact power amp is the simpliest answer. In the meantime, I believe Alecy is busy flip flopping his LPs and CDs to grasp the glory of this new height of performance. SMR SE cable as the phono cable! I wish I could do that!

Marvel