Skip to content
Options

Asia Premier: Thales Tonarm

124»

Comments

• Options
    Keith,

What tonearm/cartridge are you using on TW?

In my system setup, i like Bergmann more but of course that might change (as always) when DV Unison comes. I foresee the mind struggling on which is better would be intensified although I know at this level, the arbitrage is not obvious.

Anyway, my current liking is more leaning towards Bergmann because it gives full dynamical response to what the original recording should sound like. I can feel more movements and touchings exhibited by the performers. As I mentioned previously, the mid bass to bass response of the Bergmann is noticeably more prominent as it just explodes out like dynamite without distorting the sonical details. TW can do the same thing but there is always a feeling that the sound has been 'anchored' thus losing the bit of liveliness and 'jumpy' rhythms from the Bergmann.

Of course the matching of the turntable with the tonearm might matter and that is the reason driving me to go for the DV turntable as I love their cartridge and tonearm which could provide very 'freshy' and 'meaty' sound on strings and vocals.

Marvel
  • Options
    M Hi, I am using a Graham phantom and a Dynavector XV1S on the TW, it's a good allround combination I think, I just fancy trying a parallel tracker, does the bergmann need a lot of readjustment ? Keith.
  • Options
    Keith,

I don't know other air floating turntable and tonearm, but this Bergmann is extremely user friendly. Once the setup is done with a right balance between the air going to the platter and to the tonearm, there is no other adjustment that you need. For many who know me, I am still very green in playing with TT, I find it quite suiting to my need. The new air pump is fantastic!!

Marvel
  • Options
    marvel bro, where is mine?

Is this a matter of a quieter pump or a matter of sound improvement? If it is the latter, I got to call J.
  • Options
    我昨晚試了一個實驗,無微調anti-staking之下,將個唱頭放係白版上行,約半個小時之後,個頭係同一個位置無走過位.
    奇怪之下再將個唱頭再放入些位置再行,一個鐘之後又係無走過位.
    係支點臂上真係末試過此現像.

testing A
  • Options
    Mr.Zanden, how is your Thales arm doing with the Kuzma?