Skip to content
Options

Asia Premier: Thales Tonarm

Comments

• Options
    Alec examining closely to the masterpiece
  • Options
    Studiogrey, another Thales tonearm owner!
  • Options
    Last but not least, my sincere thanks to PT who had helped me arranging everything from the Marriot dinner to the demonstration. As far as I know, he almost worked around the clock to try his best to voice the system. There will always be imperfections, differences in tastes and school of thought. Even so, I am sure those what had visited us could easily feel the effort put forth by PT.

In the past 24 hours, AE fellows who had visited us include: Ptsang, Alecy, Mr.Zanden, CCN, Studiogrey, Mr.Lai, Marvel, Azzuri, and Dso. Each of them has at least 2 hours for discussion and listening. We believe this is the right approach to do it and I hope everything enjoys regardless of your audio tastes.

Last but not least is my enormous gratitude to Micha, Daniel and Lilian flew in all the way from Switzerland to Hong Kong to meet us all. They are young and brilliant. I wish I have a small portion of Micha's genius mind.

J
  • Options
    PTsang, I agree. It sounds like master tape. When I went back to my home system, I heard all the dirts from mistracking, damn.
  • Options
    My lovely tonarm arrived, yeah!!!!!
  • Options
    pic 02
  • Options
    Grey兄, 隻arm好有型! 開了聲未? 可否分享下
  • Options
    發哥,枝臂tracking 真係好好,不需要微調都無明顯失真.
    聲方面,配JSD5 gold聲比較潤,等run-in多幾日再report
  • Options
    Studiogrey, what phono are you going to use with Thales? 2008?
  • Options
    Yes, Marvel Bro. The boulder 2008 work with the Thales now. when your tonearm available?
  • Options
    Studiogrey,

It will be soon and my current plan is to use DV Unison as the turntable and EMT as the phono, so there may be some timing that I need to line up...enough fun but in-enough fund for the time being...

Marvel
  • Options
    EMT JSD66 phono!!!!!!!!!! wow!!!!!!!!!!!
    replace the Raven to DV?
  • Options
    Just aspirational...but replacing Raven by DV Unison is certain. Raven compared numerously with Bergman in my setup and lacks the midbass dynamics and speed. Of course this is not a complete comparison as there are cables, cartridges and tonearm involved in the whole camparison. Just to give me some 'justification' to put the DV cannon back to the DV tank...

Marvel
  • Options
    Marvel Hi, I am thinknig about getting a bergmann, I have a TW at present, how would you say the two turntables compare, if you want to email me privately with your thoughts I can send you my email address, thanks in advance keith.