Skip to content
Options

New power supply for Raven AC

2»

Comments

• Options
    On another night listening, I really think it is not just like an upgrade on the power cord, I feel like sharpening the contour of the images without inflating, overshining or bleaching out the color within. It is like using a higher grade lens on a digital camera where the entire picture quality is enhanced!

• Options
    I just wanted to add that I have just picked up my new power supply from Thomas and it does in my humble opinion make a considerable improvement, also the new TW phono stage is superb we used it all week at the Munich show, I would be interested to hear your opinions of it, Keith.
  • Options
    Keith, what's your sonic impression of the Raven phono? How does it sound comparing to your own phonostage which I don't know what is it?
  • Options
    Voy Hi, I spent the week at Munich helping Ralph and Thomas with the set-up and then playing records in the room. We used both the Allnic H-3000 and Thomas' new phono, both are extremely good phono's Thomas' was extraordinarily quiet no hum whatsoever, I think you would need to compare it at home to reach a decision.
    The sound was the best in the show without question, I managed to listen to nearly everything else, full MBL reference, full Avantgarde reference system, Avalon Isis, TAD reference 1, Dali Megaline , the Cessaro's were in a dfferent league, Ralph is showing the Beta system in Milan in Septemeber and the full Gamma system at Munich next year, perhaps if you can arrange a European visit to coincide? Keith.
  • Options
    Marvel , did you adjust the speed when you plug in the new power supply? If you don't, I very much doubt you are listening to the correct sound.
  • Options
    In my case, I have to adjust the speed faster after changing the power supply. The default setting of the old and new power supply is defnitely different.
  • Options
    me too...it works fine...