Skip to content
Options

Wavac's latest preamp: PR-X2

2»

Comments

• Options
    The Flow at the back of the rack resembles Brother Fat's recently posted picture.
  • Options
    Charles, I hate to tell the truth but FMR on Wavac 805 really TRANSFORMs the system to another level. As you know, the Horning Eufrodite is a difficult speaker to conquer but once you know how to tame them, the reward is immense. Bigpiece shares similar view on the Eufrodite with you.
  • Options
    Charles, the phase corrector inside the Eufro. Bigpiece was shocked by the phase corrector. Too bad, I only carried 2 corrector. He still needs one for the center position at the rear wall.
  • Options
    The acoustic settings are also similar to Charles' setup. The false ceiling up there trapped a lot of resonance energy. Too bad, I run out of stock. Otherwise, I am sure to make the ceiling disappear. Charles uses a total of 4 silver resonators to tame the ceiling if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    I am very satisfied with Bigpiece system. The replay of Michael Jackson's legendary LP was truly an experience. The song, "Beat It" that I heard over there was delivered with all the glamor, speed, and pace.

Then, what really surprised me was when Bigpiece showed me this record. Don't laugh at me. I like her when I was very young. The replay of her record brought me back many good memories.

The evening ended at 11:00pm. Thanks for treating me the steak. I truly enjoyed your company last night. I shall treat your room with all my might when I visit you next time.

• Options
    Shanghai due, we are Horning comrades. The Tron 211 is magnificent for the Eufro too.
  • Options
    The GE211's are getting tough to find now.
  • Options
    期侍期侍又期侍、、、、、

大舊兄,你間屋好很大!玩Hi FI應該一流!大空間也要房間修正嗎?點解開了櫃門?Phase Corrector又是什麼東東?是否玩Horning必須?查兄也用了三個。
  • Options
    Voy, base on my limited listening experience with Marvel Bro's silver bat, I can imagine how good they can work with Eufro.

Fat Gor, yes, I am lucky to have a spacious listening area. I thought the same way as yours until PT demonstrated the magic night before. False ceiling, glass wall etc will affect the room acoustics in the same way regardless of the listening space. The difference is the extent of the impact. PT fixed false ceiling and the lower cabinets at the back of the Eufro. The upper doors were opened because of no more resonators available. Just a temporary measure to minimise the "resonance" . I dont know the logic behind the phase correctors. But like other resonators, once it is put in the right place, you will know how good your system can really do, and you cant live without it.

The experience is so amazing and inspiring. The importance of room acoustics in the total listening experience is out of my imagination. PT told me earlier today that new stocks have just arrived, I ordered straight for a full blown solution, without getting my boss' approval....

Having said that, the gears still play a very major part. The better your gears are, the closer you will be to the music heaven.

Bigpiece
  • Options
    Bigpiece, my listening room is even larger than yours. I don't have any hollow cabinets. I don't have glass doors. Do I still need room acoustic treatment? Your descriptions sound like PT is a magician.
  • Options
    Jeff

Wow, not sure if I have the pleasure to visit you when I go to Taiwan next time, ideally to be lead by PT.

Well, I think acoustic treatment could help, at least with the phase correctors.

PT, correct me if I am wrong, let me try to explain my understanding. Phase concept is also applicable to sound wave, when there is a change of direction of sound wave movement, especially for those with 90 degree change like the Eufro internal passage, the phase will be affected. The audible impact is reduced clarity of details due to the phase shift interference. The correctors help minimising the phase shift. Hence, like Charles' experience, the bass details and clarity improved a lot. Similarly, it can help by putting one on the floor just before the back wall. If you want to try, be quick, as limited new stock just arrived yesterday.

According to PT, my full blown treatment is very elementary. Large room has other sets of challenges. There are a lot of science and explanation behind that I wish to understand when I have more time. PT is the short cut to enhanced listening experience.

I just want to say AE biz model is unique and very successful. Not purely from a commercial perspective, from also from a real music enjoyment angle too. They have the passion to help their customers fully realise their investment and learn how to enjoy. The investment on the resonators is just a piece of cake when compare with your hardware. However, the return is exponential.

Bigpiece
  • Options
    PT is certainly passionate and hardworking. He's the soul of AE. We also need hard working and inspirational audiophiles like you, Charles and Studiogrey plus many old comrades and new brohters to propel forward.
  • Options
    Bigpiece, any further report on your system as it evolves?