Skip to content
Options

Introducing the HAD dac

2»

Comments

• Options
    Jason兄,你是否麥迪文超級fans,叫自已做Jason Borne? 我都有睇套戲。

原來旺角部大Boulder解碼是你放的?16bit抽抵包打的動態似乎有點誇張,又冇分體電源,我不能夠想象,但Marvel大大應該所言非虛,甚將它和Orpheus頂班遺產解碼比較,令到這部HAD更有神秘感。

查兄,你有冇聽過HAD?我想聽聽你的看法。
  • Options
    發哥

我冇聽過呀.
    你對細 horning 煲好未呀,
    我而家玩緊 "包圍感" 呀, 好得意駕.

Charles
  • Options
    HAD is a piece of instrument making me to think more seriously about if the CD encoding system is really having an inherent deficiency on compressed music lacking in flare and dynamics. Boulder2020Advance is known to many to be the most dynamic DAC. I have not heard it extensively and neither have I compared it with Heritage. Judging from the fact the JB replaced it with HAD because of his liking in symphony / orchestral music, I bet the new DAC must be having a stronger hand. I am not surprised because most of the DACs in the market with upsampling might end up having similar compromise but to different extent on speed and dynamics due to their conversion algorithm and attempt to 'paint a better picture' than to 'reveal the turth' out of the original recording.

Just base on my brief listening, I think the overall performance achieved by this DAC is remarkable and this is said without any consideration on price range, country of origin, etc. It just happens not by coincident but by a serious of serious and scientific research in striving for musical excellence. This is a statement product which really send out a clear and strong message that upsampling may not be the only solution to outperform the legacy 16bit technology, there can be another way to tackle the root problem: to devise a new 16bit technology leveraging the current mindset and scientific advancement.
    Another salute from Marvel to another elite team behind the scene.

Marvel
  • Options
    Action movies are my favorites. Action, dynamics, speed are very important. Under the recommendation of many fans and a local magazine "reviewer", I bought the Boulder 2020 advance dac with great hope and expectation. For the type of symphonic music that I like, I was not sure if there is anything not up to the standard to the dac, as many say. I changed numerous powercords, cables, but still I cannot find the spirit of symphony that I subjectively looked for. I may not be so indulged in the so called "density" because CD shall never compare with LP. My biggest disappointment is dynamic. The boulder gives me constrainted dynamics but my friends keep saying it is very dynamic. I think there is a big confusion. Heavy lower mid bass punch does not mean dynamic. Even the clarient/oboe can be very dynamic in the high frequency region.

The designer of the HAD probably understand music more than a bunch of engineers cramping up numbers.

Marvel is right.
  • Options
    查兄,你器材夠高班,包圍感一定堅啦!我對細Horning愈唱愈靚,玩佢真的要花心機,因佢太敏感,我依家才明白到什麼是透明度。

點解你未去聽HAD? But兄在av-forum話驚你中毒,我地O字頭訊源絕對夠實力,冇有怕!你快D去聽下啦。Marvel大大好似好欣賞它,應該有D料到。