Skip to content
Options

Ito san of Wavac - Installation of HE833 V1.3

2»

Comments

• Options
    Holy...Big Project!!!

How's your new rack? your 833 might not like living at the roof.
  • Options
    Studiogrey,

Are you the first 833 user in HK pairing with PR-T1? Surely you will have a lot to share with us when your system settling in. I thought you have ordered the SRA for the new mono block, right?

Are you still using the E-DAC? As we have discussed, E-gears tend to be harsh in sounding and I wonder with your more transparency and unforgivingly revealing amps, you will hear more 'harshness' and wonder if it is caused by the latest comer. It is I firmly believe, just the opposite. If you take away the E-gears and put another CD source, say, Metroxxxe, you will hear more the character of the Metroxxxe. If you wish to stick to SACD/CD, I think dCS new product would be a very very good choice, I heard it in the recent hi-fi show and it is the best setup that I can hear given the room size and the not so ultra high end quality of the speaker used there.

When you are ready to venture into LP, make sure you have the Wavac phono in your shortlist of choices as I believe it is a remarkably designed phono resembling much of its other members of the family.

Can't wait to come to your place to listen to the 833.

Congratulations!!
    Marvel
  • Options
    What a big party! Marvel bro is right. SACDs are real pain in the ass. Do work out your front end after the beast is tamed.
  • Options
    Mr. Studiogrey,

The pictures of your beloved amp are nice. There is only one pair of 833 in Taipei but it is not the version 1.3. The power is enormous. It is great match for Kharma speakers. These amplifier is very sensitive to any changes in your system because of single ended design and large power together. It is better to use light and fast power cable. My friend used Elrod power cable from the US, drags down the performance of the amp severely. The 833 is wild in dynamic, not need to boost the power anymore. Also the midrange is glorious, so power cable with lower mid bass emphasis also not good matching. When amp settles, I also recommend Zanden source. I got the dCS Scarlatti set for a week, pretty good for CD. It is as good as the Orpheus Heritage dac in solid state. It has a little bit more dynamic than Zanden. But the Zanden still convey live concert feeling the most. For the price of full set dCS, however, I can have both the decent Raven turntable with Zanden digital source. It is better to play LP on such original master recording, as SACD comes from those LP.

How large is your listening area?
  • Options
    Studiogrey, you are lucky man! Awaiting further report. Where are your SRA?
  • Options
    sorry man, just back from China now and will report ASAP.
  • Options
    I agree with you Jeff. This amp can tame any speaker. Wrong power cables can degrade the amp's performance.
  • Options
    Grey兄,你部833好型有霸氣,究竟咩料?隻巨形膽可能有排煲!
  • Options
    Studiogrey must be poisoned severely by the 833.
  • Options
    經過一星期的run-in, wavac 833 v1.3的實力開始顯現.
    最初play SACD的時侯,是將833 input全開(30格)但出現明顯高頻噪音.
    同一隻碟play CD area就無事.Ito San解釋是SACD制碟時先天的缺陷,但為什麼play CD就無事? 我就有点不理解.
    較過其他部份的輸出,gain都無辨法.最後將833 input衰減7至23格.問題O.K了.
    23和30格的音效基本上一樣,無可聞的改变,先放下心頭大石.
    833的金工真係一流,音色比之前的MXR好上20-30%.最明顯係聲音,樂器的真實感,我第一次感到真實的聲音從模擬的器材走出來.我自己都嚇咗一跳!
    待…
  • Options
    Grey兄,睇黎真係好堅,有冇覺得好似有個真人企出來的感覺?