Skip to content
Options

Ito san of Wavac - Installation of HE833 V1.3

The long anticipated HE833 V1.3 finally reached the hands of Studiogrey this afternoon.

Comments

• Options
    Ito san started setting up right away
  • Options
    The big hole is the home of the RCA833 tube
  • Options
    Putting in the WE437 input tube
  • Options
    This tube is certainly rare
  • Options
    The gigantic 833 tube!
  • Options
    833 landing home....
  • Options
    One channel done.
  • Options
    OK, let's move it up on the rack for the time being...
  • Options
    The glass cover is on.
  • Options
    The Right Channel.
  • Options
    Three strong men adjusting the gain of the PR-T1
  • Options
    Ito san of Wavac told me he was the recording engineer for Quincy Jones live concert in Japan some twenty years ago. He is a big fan of opera, especially those composed by Wegner. After knowing him personally a bit more, it is not a surprise why Wavac sounds so passionate. Macro-dynamics are always in control with flare, sped and scale. Time was too short today for me and Studiogrey to do all kind of fine tunings, let alone the amp needs run in for at least one or two week. But I have to say the first impression of barely 1 hour listening without doing any changes on anything does tell me this is a pair of amplifier belonging to the exotic league.

I have not seen any amplifier in the market at any price providing such artful craftmanship on every touchable components like the He833. I shall find time to do room acoustic treatment for Studiogrey alongside other fine tuning when he returns from China.
  • Options
    After a brief listening after back to home,
    one of major different between the wavac 833 and ayre MXR is, a invisible wall broken and the soundstage become much bigger.
    First time feeling the realistic sound come out from not only speaker but project a picture in front of me.
    Not a high C/P products but if you would like to change the power Amp, you must consider this gear.
    Mr.Wavac, do you try SACD in your system?
  • Options
    What a day! I am happy to see new owner of 833. This amp plays music and will give you many years of musical enjoyment. The control of this amp is superb. The amp needs breathing space to show off. Your description sounds like energy was trapped somewhere before the 833 arrived. The ayre, I am not familiar with, is not at this high end level. The brand new 833 effortlessly projects image in your room means your old amp not enough power.

SACD? I gave them up. I had the earliest accuphase sacd combo and the EMM Lab dac 6e. I found the sound is not natural. Quality of recording is mostly not good. There are too much phase error and high frequency noise with SACD recordings. I like natural sound. The SACD does not flow the music out. In the end, I chose the Zanden 2000p/5000s like everyone in this community. After that, there is no more desire to change anything, perhaps, later add a turntable.

The transparency of the 833 will allow you to listen to all the bads of SACDs and all the goods of the best recordings. Enjoy the process. When I visit Hong Kong next time, I hope I can pay you a visit.

• Options
    I would like to join when opportunity arises.