Product of the Year 2016

2»

Comments

• Options
    My picks for the year 2016,
    1. QL speaker
    2. JMF 3.7 CD Transport
    3. 宙光preamp.
    4. Argento FMR EE/Atlantics/Trinity Power Conditioner/Dalby Feet.

wow, this should be a multiple choice question.
  • Options
    My vote goes to the Wadax Atlantis server.  Because it is better anything in the market.  Because it makes me wonder whether I need my SACD/CD set-up.  Because it will still get better with future DSD upgrades.  But perhaps most importantly, I find myself listening to music twice as much over the last few months simply because it is so convenient and the quality is so great.  How often can you say that for any component/cable/device on a sustainable basis?
  • Options
    I’ve listened JMF 3.7 CDT two times, first time at showroom and second time at Paul’s place. I targeted to compare this CDT to Vertere LP system on both visits. When it was positioned on SRA it performed even closer to LP system. Function-wise consideration, this universal transport also supports audio streaming. I think it should be great if connects it with Trinity DAC. So, I opt for JMF 3.7 CDT.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    my vote is 
    1, Zanden Jinpu 
    2, JMF 3.7
    3, wadax atlantic dac and server 
  • Options
    My vote is: 
    1. Wadax Atlantis: a real breakthrough on digital path, no close rival. 
    2. Empress: another unique thinking on noise mitigation. 
    3. JMF 3.7: a black horse surprised the world, re-ignited my interest in cd playback. 
    Man
  • Options
    Gobel Ethernet Cable

Argento FMR EE speaker cable

Wadax Atlantis DAC
  • Options
    Dear all,

I am glad to see all of you voted.  It was indeed not easy to pick just one in 16.  

The following 3 items earn my most respect as time goes by.  They make me repeatedly appreciate the willingness of the designers to make it happen to the service of music.  

1. Zanden Chukoh preamp
    2. Trinity Master Reference AC filter
    3. Tripoint Empress EMI filter

In terms of technological break-thru, I would pick (1) Wadax Atlantis DAC, (2) Argento FMR EE series of cable and (3) JMF 3.7 CD transport

As everyone can see, my choices resonate closely to yours truly.  It has taken me many days and some final tests before I pen down the above.  

Thanks for the trust, again.
  • Options
    FMR EE cables, Atlantis DAC & Server.
    My top 3.
  • Options
    Tech Das Air Force One Premium; Thales Statment, Transfiguration Diamond.