Skip to content
Options

AE in Munich 2016

Comments

• Options
    The LARS 300B amp by Engström is a mastery piece of tube amplification work. It is an understated statement.

Timo and LARS with us having Greek food as lunch nearby MOC. 
  • Options
    One of the leading themes in the upcoming AE show is Grand tube master LARS Engström of the West meets the Grand tube master of the East - Yamada Kazutoshi.  

I commissioned Lars Engström since a long time ago to build a super high power tube amplifier to be featured in this year's 4th AE Super Hi End Show.   (Super league means at the equivalent level of Zanden Chouku.

I am extremely excited about this project nearing completion in the next few weeks. 
  • Options
    CKK, some more pictures of Vetere rack system
  • Options
    Dear PT,

Thanks for the additional photos!
    The Vertere Rack seems to be not a common audiophile rack.  The construction is extraordinary and the top level has resonance freq adjustment.  Must be dedicated for turntables.

Concerning the Lars/Marten room which you like so much, I guess you listened to the setup there with the BACCH 3D gimmick switched off?  haha
  • Options
    The Bach was switched off every time when I was there. The demonstration of demo was preset maybe twice a day or so. 
  • Options
    are there any new information about Argento EE?  This has been a long while for Argento to come up with a new flagship.  I remember my first purchase of Argento FMR speaker cables was in 2008. 
  • Options
    To all dear Argento fans who have been waiting for FMR EE for almost 7 years, these are the craziest spec I have ever come across:

240 conductors per polarity (do not touch each other) on a speaker cable 

Sum of total length of 4 conductors is 3.5km (kilometer) long in a 2.5 meter pair of speaker cable 

1.7kg of silver 99.9997

1mm carbon absorber sheild extends all the way spade to spade. The black mechanical part is made of Polymere with carbon powder.  

4 hours to machine 16 mechanical parts 

10,000 hours in R/D on the geometry of FMR EE. 
  • Options
    The speaker cable is still very flexible in spite of the abundance of conductors.  
  • Options
    The High End Munich was great this year. People really showed their appreciation on the sound and music we delivered.
    It was a pleasure to have the AE team visiting and discussing the upcoming Super Hi End Show and our new flagship amplifier. We truly look forward to coming to Hong Kong and this extreme event.
    At the Munich show we launched our new name, simply, "Engström". We also launched our new logo, our new website www.engstromsound.com and a booklet. 
    We look forward to meet all the people from this forum in July.
  • Options
    Dear Timo,

Nice meeting you and Dr Lars last week in Munich. I look forward to meeting you and the super amp in the AE show in Jul. 

Marvel
  • Options
    Indeed it has been a long while for Argento to come up with a new flagship.  It is like almost 7-8 years.  My curiosity level on the EE cables are no less than LARS Super Amplifier.  At the moment, we don't know anything about it. When will EE land HK?
  • Options
    Being a long term supporter of Argento, I also feel very excited seeing and hearing FMR EE in the Munich show.  The total time to build a pair of speaker cable is extremely long and I understand from Ulrik that their currently production until the end of this year would be less than 10 pairs.  I don't know how many will be allocated to AE. 

Indeed, since 2007 when Flow was first launched, my system has been gradually equipped with almost a full house of FMR and FMR SE.  Admittedly, other brands started to 'intrude' into various places in my system and now I am only left with a Flow Center and Olympic Reference 2012.  I am more longing for this 'Empire Strikes Back' than anyone else!!

Yes, cable fights seem unavoidable!  May the Force be with me!!

Marvel