Skip to content
Options

Robert Koda K10 g2

13»

Comments

• Options
    Mackie is a new happy owner of takumi K10.
  • Options
    Thanks for Eddie's brilliant Robert Koda suite setup at home, my old friend decided to get a K10. In his own words, the preamp right out of the box exceeds all of his expectation.
  • Options
    Hello everyone. This is my first time in this chatroom. As you can see, my setup and gears are pretty basic stuff. But being a long time music lover, I have developed a rather pragmatic approach towards my equipment and upgrades. Knowing how important it is to have a good preamp, I moved very slowly, being very picky in my selection criteria. After listening to all the major brands out there (new and old), I have come to the conclusion that there is no point muddling around in the mid range. Yes you will experience something different, and something uplifting from brand to brand, but never a hands down victory. To get to a level of true satisfaction, I need to make big leap forward. Either go for the best money can get (sorry not in PT's definition), or stay put until you find something that truly stands out. And since I have decide to invest heavily on an excellent preamp it made the upgrade evermore challenging as I am becoming more picky in that selection. For that, I have waited and waited with no luck. 2yrs passes by, ready to pull the trigger on any given day, but nothing manage to tip me over.

I have been to AE once, the 2nd AE show, and knowing PT from a long way back, I think I know the difference between what is very good to something that is truly spectacular. The brief experience I had in AE was educational and fun, but serves no purpose in providing me the right orientation because every piece of gear is state of the art. I just couldn't tell which component is contributing to what, and it's attribution to the system's character.

Well visiting Eddie's place really brings everything into perspective, and I must thank him for that. It's no longer as far reaching especially in a home environment. The brilliance of what is there in AE are all there, but in a smaller and more realistic scale. With the K10 I am pretty sure I am starting off on the right foot on what is to come.