Skip to content

Robert Koda K10 g2

Comments

• Fire4,

Why don't you consider using Alpha 2 + Rach subwoofer, then you pave your way to modular upgrades....Rach has 2 X 15" woofer built in....what is the size of the active subwoofer in Carmen in the showroom?

Marvel
  • Hi Marvel,
    Is there any picture , dimension and configuration information for the Rach sub ?
    Thank you.
    jsn
  • 乙女
    從威信到簫邦,少了重力抽擊的低音,換來更多層次,質感,透明度。人聲表現細緻,更容易令人投入,對我而言絕對系一大進步。
    Mr fire 4
    大哥你用開maxx, 當然可考慮carmen 或alpha 等大型系統,可惜我處爆哂棚,連hero 都放吾落,唯有專心搞好現有系統
  • 美式的低音通常是冇有速度和層次,箱聲轉化為諧震並不是真的能量,這樣的失真誤以為傳真根深蒂故,極難改正,國內發燒朋友好多時候爭拗這個問題,不過真正懂佔了少數。

有速度的低音好難達標,速度一致性又是另一個問題,相信陳兄長換了揚聲器後,現已能體驗到速度的重要性,更能把巨匠前後更加發揮得淋灕盡致。看到Troy signature 和 SRA 的共存已經知道你是有要求的人。

火四爺,Wagner速度一致性非常好,但冇有Carmen的能量和氣勢。Wagner 加上超低應該可以容易拋離Maxx 2.
  • Jsn,

As far as I know, Rach is a 2X15" active subwoofers housed in a 100cm X 65cm X 66cm cabinet....

Not small in a household environment and I was told it is white in color....so you can imagine it is like putting a washing machine in your listening area. My wife has great resistance on this and on last Sat I brought her to listen in AE showroom, listening to Danny Chan (her idol in the school time), she realises the difference of having and not having the woofer in Carmen. Her next question was just to ask if there are wheels on the subwoofer to move it to somewhere else when not in use.

Marvel
  • 乙女,

妳分析得很好,妳的音響知識十分之高超。我對Maxx 2賣不到太高,可能平些讓比大哥用來打做超級家庭影院。
  • Marvel, I have the same experience to you. Last week when we visited showroom listening to Wagner playing Nathan Milstrein Four Italian Sonatas my wife said she ultimately understood why her husband so love hifi stuff.
  • Mr Fire4,

Time to seriously consider replacing the speaker to venture into a real ultra-end journey. Bass resolution is a function of the speed of the bass propagation, control/damping by the power amp and resolution of the speaker cable. Once of the bass resolution is there, the soundstage will be substantially firmed up. Harmonics and decays of the lower octave on every musical instruments as well as vocal will be more complete. I experienced this is Eddie's system recently after he changed to Chopin. In his setup, K70G2 really delivers the speed and control landscaping the soundstage in a very clean and neat way. What I urged him is to do some cabling upgrade in order to enhance further on the resolution and lowering down on the noise platform.

Marvel
  • 陳兄,請問Hero是什麼?
  • 乙女
    你對低音的理解很深入 , chopin 對我來說是新體驗

Hero 是匹配 chopin 的 subwoofer
  • 陳兄長,

我只懂皮毛,和PT/Marvel等相差得太遠了。PT曾經告訴我,當前級個Volume越扭越大,但同時又冇壓迫感,此系統應該便在正確軌道上。我初次用Troy的時候,就是有這個感覺。後來再加上SRA防震板在功放上,前置的volume可再扭大。從圖片看你所用的每件精品,再加上Chopin, 應該十分自由奔放,毫無壓縮,音樂本應就應是這樣的。
  • 傳統喇叭所倡導的音場和定位也是曾經令我十分之著迷,尤其是可觸手的結象,和每件樂器掛在空間的立體感等。時間過了,便開始發覺不停重複播放幾張CD, 因為除了它們外,其他的也重播得不好,因為不能充分表演Hi Fi的元素。後來,開始對低咅的認識多了,便覺得好不妥。低音常有被拖慢的感覺,有種脂肪感不健康。當然這可能是房間音効的問題,但在國內我所耹聽過的系統普通房間面積是150-200平米起,我不認為是註波問題。

我認識一位在重慶市用威信XLF的發燒朋友,他真的好用心去搞好個低音,主要是吸走它,最起碼缐條能夠清楚顯現,但箱聲在大音壓時明顕存在,而且音量愈大,低頻壓縮愈來愈嚴重。(壓縮的意思是amplitude愈窄。)可是在國內這穜被壓縮而膨脹的低頻大有市場。
  • Fire4,

Have you decided to make a move to the horn speaker? YOu should pay a visit to EddieChan, he does not have a subwoofer yet, but the amount of energy and spatial resolution given out from the K70G2+Chopin is filling up all the space. You both have a lot to share as you are/were both Wilson users.

Marvel
  • PT肯賣Carmen比我,即轉。玩了Wilson多年,應該要轉啦。
  • Fire4,

Go for Alpha2 and preferably with external cross over...although it is painful to the wallet to use 3 pairs of speaker cables (1 from poweramp and 2 going into the midrange and treble horns), the result is extremely rewarding with much better image clarify and definitions.

Carmen is a great speaker in its outright. All in a box. No complaint at all for the many times I visited the AE showroom. Alpha 2 provides you a flexible upgrade path to go Beta 0.5, Beta, Gamma if you really go crazy. To me, I believe an integration with the Rach subwoofer would likely be the end game for my current system.

Marvel