Skip to content
Options

World Premier: Linebacker Extreme by Pranawire

13»

Comments

• Options
    To all user, please keep XE on the floor due to its hefty weight. Enjoy new spatial and tonal information to enrich musicality even though ground noises are already taken care of by Troy signature.
  • Options
    Linebacker XE for Betta's system delivered as well. It is meant for the Trinity Media PC.
  • Options
    Tremendous improvement on all fronts! The unit has not even started burn in halfway. The spatial cues surrounding each objects are unveiled redefining "my" own definition of dimensionality. The newly discovered spatial information after the XE provides more depth perspective to each object. For grand orchestra or more complicated music passage, the improvement is just so very shocking.
  • Options
    I have no luck to receive one in this lot as they were all presold. Upon Longinus's receival of the XE, he called me to audition the transcendence process of his trinity digital suite. When I arrived, the XE was not connected. we listened to a few song including Money by Pink Floyd, Train Song by Holy Cole, Stravinsky's Fire bird suite etc. Then we moved on to connect the XE to the Trinity media PC as PT strictly required us to use XE on the PC but NOT on the dac. So we followed his advice.

The improvement is shocking to say the least. We were englufed completely inside the soundfield created by Alan Parson when the MONEY was playing. We noticed there are in fact plenty "subsets" of spatial cues in the whole stage. You can idenity what is what. That is very amazing.

I got to wait till next year. Anyway, the trinity amp already broke my wallet. But have to say I am not a believer of this "box looking" thing but this one is amazing.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Got linebacker XE #2 last Friday. One's on the Wadax and one on my 10Y preamp, both plugged into a JMF PCD302. After a little warm up, my first reaction was one word. "WOW!". I seriously didn't think another XE would have the same level of impact as the first one, but it did. Another step closer the the performance. Now i need 4 more for the amps & field coil supplies!
  • Options
    Linebacker XE - all sold this batch. Thanks
  • Options
    Hi Marvel, not yet as I am not in HK lately...
  • Options
    好多謝PT能分配了一個XE 給我兩父女,音樂實在太有悠揚了,XE把演奏者的靈魂更加帶了多一些出來。
  • Options
    The XE is lethal. I surrender. Better say, I wish I surrendered earlier. Now have to wait until almost March. Damn it!
  • Options
    Uncle Ray,

I recall 2 years back when the Linebacker SE was first launched almost in the same time frame as the Lessloss Blackbody. Both are very effective accessories with demonstratable technologies and convincing results. I have put in 5 Linebackers and 4 Blackbody in one-go and the result was strikingly noticeable. This 'combined' dose was so heavy and good depriving me the opportunity to try adding/removing one here and there to see the incremental difference.

If I am not exaggerating, the incremental difference of adding the Extreme linebacker is equal to or even more apparent than adding 5 linebackers and 4 blackbody to my system. When I first connect the Extreme to my Trinity PC, like what I have mentioned in another thread, it is like putting back my 3D eye glasses to watch a 3D movie. Musical contents are more focused with individuality and landscape which I can almost put my eyes on seeing the individual performers at the back of the soundstage supporting the main performer at the center of the stage.

Being a cable freak, I am concerned on the quality of the power cable going out from the Extreme into the component. Intuitively, I cannot predict the combined effect of this 1.5m cable with the one connecting the Extreme linebacker with the power distributor. When it was connected the first time, all this concern disappeared instantaneously...no added color, no deteriorated speed and transient, no added compression...

Marvel
  • Options
    Finally, they are all Ready to ship soon. I can't listen without at least one connected to digital source.