Skip to content
Options

Call for Contest: Best audio reproduction of "I dreamed a dream" by Anna Hathaway

Comments

• Options
    I just listened to Track 5 at AE. I think it is very difficult to even come close to what I experienced. Marvel is right. I can see Anne Hathaway acting. The resolution is at the pictorial level.

The Wadax Pre One is crazy stuff. The absence of a preamp in this chain is indeed an open challenge. Please listen with an open mind.
  • Options
    Puyi, it was a pleasure to meet you during lunch time at AE. I was fairly upset after the session. Because my system could not reproduce the emotion at the intensity of what I listened there. The absence of a preamp is such a big stab into my audio ego. Franky speaking, when I closed my eyes and listened ( 3 times in total with the air conditioner off), I thought the preamp is always there because all the micro and macro control/burst of dynamic power and the subtle transient power are all preserved with tremendous clarity. At the end of the session, PT told us there was no preamp in the chain. That really bothers me until now. But pal, damn good job. This competition opens up a lot of questions and subsequent sharing opportunities.
  • Options
    White flag raised! It is impossible to beat what I listened at AE today on track 5. Well done, PT!
  • Options
    And the Black Body is so amazing. When is it due? I need 3.
  • Options
    Count me 2 units of Black body
  • Options
    "黑體"好堅,請預青衣小巴黨10件
  • Options
    火四爺,10件黑體一定唔夠,因為Marvel大大一人已買了10件!
  • Options
    I reserve some for friends..this is amazing...
  • Options
    Yup, it is terrfic. With the black body, the voice of Anne Hathaway has so much more human flesh down to her throat! I can't imagine when two more are applied to the mono amplifiers.

Count me 2 units please. But Marvel Maestro will have taken all of the incoming stocks!
  • Options
    屯門線班兄弟一齊要7個,希望不要將所有貨全給Marvel. 我地都成17件啦
  • Options
    The number of applicants have already breached the limit of 120. As of today, we will receive no more applicants for this competition now. I will call each of the applicants to confirm the participation before home visits.
  • Options
    What the fxxk is the black body? Damn it. If PT had never shown me a quick demo, I couldn't believe a passive device without any physical connections improve the overall performance by so much. I got to have 3 at least.

Marvel bro, you are such a daring Hi Fi playboy! You grabbed 10 for a start seals your rock solid playboy image.
  • Options
    Voy,

The minute I realised they put one block in AE showroom as part of the system for benchmarking, I thought there is no chance that I would let PT to come and listen to Track 5 without this. 10 is obviously an overkill but at least I have everything covered including the mobile phone and rice cooker...

Marvel
  • Options
    Black body幾時到? 我地班小巴隊等到脛長!切記不能全部分比Marvel大大,我地集體order多過佢。聽聞"膠袋佬"拿住一個黑體橫掃南中國,㬨死同胞們!