Skip to content
Options

Dalby Audio Design

Comments

• Options
    唔好意思, 因為要和太座吃早餐, 現在繼續報導:

換上了DALBY腳後, 同樣是後2前一的陣列在K10下, 再播Jacky Cheung 15週年金碟track 13的清唱版"你的名字, 我的姓氏", 在頭1分鐘大家不發一言, 我的友人唔出聲直致全曲4分多播完後, 我友仍不發一言. 於是我便說了一句: 要唔要ABA再比下? 我友無奈地說不用了.

情形是這樣

1. 學友的喉底聲多了好多, 成個頭的前後感勾畫得十分立體
    2. 呼吸聲不祇是清楚, 而是表達到氣承轉合
    3. 結他箱的共鳴聲更有body, 而且弦線是有彈跳力的表現
    4. 播Sarah Chang的小提琴時, 音場是四方八面擴散, 音樂廳的堂音極有包圍感
    5. 低頻彈跳力大幅提升, 包括低音樂器附近的一些空間感

友人有點不是味兒, 要求在Neodio CD Transport下重賽, 最後結果是上述5大要點再多些改進, 尤其是音像和音場的總體穩定度, 再試Neodio DAC, 佢終於服輸了.  

不過我要說句實話, 3條6和Wave Kinetic腳在佢地不同價位表現仍然是頂班產品, 比賽純粹增加交流和認知, 賽果不用看得太重.
  • Options
    This community is very interesting. I have been actively following this group for over a year. I feel it is time for me to participate. With respect to a fleet of echelon products carried by AE, the one that truly got my votes of confidence are the Troy and Orion, both by Tripoint.

As far as hardwares are concerned, I have not yet forayed into the AE world yet. I'm primarily a Kondo fans but open for anything that are exotics. I am interested in the Da Vinci electronics given their numerous acclaimed awards won globally from their analog turntable. The Dalby is interesting. And $20k a set of feet is perfectly fine with me after seeing and touching the real thing. But you guys got to improve delivery time. I have no patience. Checks are always ready.

But yeah, finally got a place deserves some attention!
  • Options
    Few new details about D-7 preamp and additional picture.

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2011/11/d7-ultimate-valve-preamplifier.html

This for sure looks like amazing preamplifier.
  • Options
    When the finest English made isolation feet meet the finest English boot maker...it's classy!

I toyed these fine feet under the Kondo M1000 mk2 preamp last night. What's followed in the next two hours was a stream of ear-orgasms. They are fucking good. The ladies are sweet. The men carries the beef. Bass has the speed and the grip, that fucking grip on those damn low double bass octaves are tight and bouncy. Wow! There are so much nitty gritty things going on at the back stage that weren't there before. I am going to give a hard time to the manufacturer of my isolation board. Am I supposed to isolate every single piece of damn electronics with these big fat feet?
  • Options
    Your imagination is wild. Will you call up John Lobb to make you a bespoke shoes using carbon and gold? That will look great.
  • Options
    What an extravagant way of using the Dalby feet.
  • Options
    That is cool. I like this luxurious way of style. Make sure the ceramic balls are facing up to the bottom of the mac. Let the soft balls on the other end grip the ground tightly.
  • Options
    I have received my set of ebony feet from AE today. Between the ebony feet and carbon feet, I prefer the wooden make not because I think it would sonically be better than the carbon one, it is more because of the naturalness that would normally be brought forth by wood. Many years ago, I did try many types of wooden feet made of ebony but this is a very special species taken out from a restricted area and therefore supply is very uncertain and therefore limited.

One thing I did better in setting these feet up is that, it took PT 30minutes and 2 persons to put the feet beneath the Tidal cross over while it only took me less than 10min to set them up beneath my Takumi K10 by myself. Anyway, it is not about how fast I set them up, it is about how they surprise me when I pressed the play button on my Neodio CD. Soundstage has become more distinct with clearer contour and steady focuses. Whilst my room would still need more tuning in terms of energy balance and treating on the right hand side, I can still feel the improvement is a few notches up! If WaveKinetics feet are regarded as functional, Dalby feet is really extraordinary! I have not tried all the 'feet' in the market but certainly have listened to a few at the pinnacle of this domain....none comes close to the same league as this one!

2011 is coming to an end very soon...lots have happened in the world as well as in the AE community! Dalby Feet, although I would still vote Vekian as my choice for the Product of the Year, Dalby is undoubtedly the best in this product category. I have 3 pleasant surprises in the past 3 days from AE, this is one of it. I will cover the other two in another thread....

Marvel
  • Options
    I took away the Dalby ebony feet and let the K10 rests in my SRA rack and put them back again to make a AB comparison. It was not a small exercise but still manageable with some tricks. The difference is like removing my glasses and adding them back. I do not have a very poor eyesight so without the glasses, I can still see things barely clear knowing what they are and their colors. Of course, with the glasses, it has much sharper images and most distinctively, it lets me feel more spatial separation especially on the relative depth and 3-dimensionality of the objects. SRA is already a very outstanding piece of instruments which I have continuously subscribed...still amazed by this last icing on the cake...cannot imagine how it would alleviate the performance of my Gabriel if I put it on top of their exotic platform....

Marvel
  • Options
    I need more! Not a believer in feet for over a decade but the Dalby feet are no different from an instrument. The improvement is not the subtle type but in the magnitude of "night" and "day" differences.

When is the next delivery?
  • Options
    Raymond, where do you put the Dalby feet?
  • Options
    K10 and Zanden phono with stunning improvement!
  • Options
    我用一套在K10前, 另外一套在NeoDio CD transport, 勁堅!
  • Options
    This wood is called Lignum Vitae, a type of extremely exotic ebony wood...I replaced it on the K10 which was sitting on the original ebony feet....the ebony feet then went to the Zanden phono....

Just on CD playback, AB comparison between LV feet and the ebony feet reveals that the Lv one has more lyrical details in the midrange producing a contiguous and rhythmic musical flow....the noise level does not have much noticeable difference in my listening environment but I believe PT, in his showrooms, may tell a bit more on this....

Putting the ebony feet on the Zanden phono is shocking to me...everyone knows noise would destroy the background, the contour details as well as the microdynamics....with the ebony feet, the noise induced by the mechanical vibration has been reduced substantially eventhough I was using Kinetic Wave previously! The background is much cleaner with more solid images...
  • Options
    I feel like putting 3 big pieces of toffee candies under the K10...the veneer of this wood is really lovely making it a small waste of hiding them beneath the gears...