Skip to content
Options

Argento - User's Perspective

2»

Comments

• Options
    To Voy and Marvel, my dear Big Bros

Thanks you again for your suggestion to use all SMR on the entire signal path. Out of curiosity and confidence of Argento, we went on borrow another pair of SMR and SR SE to perform a thorough test.

Long story short... Hooking two pairs of SR SE normalised majority of the shortcomings. Energy factor across frequency spectrum back into proportion in tremendous speed. The soundstage became even wider. The absence of the SMR SE had taken away some inner details but instrument size like the violin bow has retreated to a more realistic size. Giving up the microscopic type of bow play, we're pleased that a better integration of concerto was regained. However there's an immediate sense of veiling without the SMR SE.

Finally we connected the SMR SE from DAC to Pre and SMR between the Pre and Power; both in 1.5M. Anxiety was mounting the moment I put the Larry Carlton's "Alone/But Never Alone" in the tray, this was the only CD that I'm not satisfied with 2 x SR SE. I selected the 3rd track "Carrying You" and pressed the play button. The moment the background guitar emerged; 5 seconds just that mere 5 seconds I knew the SMR got it right. I was a happy man! It's such a BIG relief that the SMR finally delivered, or I don't know where-else to look for. I finally found the ultimate cable for my friend.

My previous observed abnormalities were all gone. Speed wasn't only execellent but thunderous with explosive burst. Not much I can say and it was just like the music scence was right in front of you. It's that real!

Hooking 2 SMR probably had unified the transmission speed, rectifying all improportions. As much I love the relative romantic and friendly nature of the SR SE, I was awed by the SMR SE for its sheer transparency, speed, slam, control and unpretentious character.

Excellent Cable!

You guys are right. If SMR go all SMR. Salute to Argento!